I wonder how I missed this?

There are 34 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,668 times. The latest Post () was by DukePilgrim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• There is a way to remove the region code if you have the right software and a DVD Burner in your computer.

I WISH I had a computer of my own. ;-)) For the past 9 years I kept on telling myself that this was the year that I was buying a computer. Somehow I still have managed not to buy one yet.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Depending on how you feel Carl, you can try seeing if your model is on this list and then "hacking" your current DVD player to make it a multi-region player. But, I would be careful because you can also make your dvd player a vegetable if you do somethign wrong, so proceed at your own risk.

I think that if you buy a player in the US it will only play region 1 DVD's. I have never come across a multi-region DVD player in the US in all my travels and shopping in electronic's stores.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• The DVD players themselves are single region or you can change the region only 4 times. But to do it so you don't have to mess with your player you have specific software that removes the region code and if necessary shrinks it to re-fit back on a DVD5. The whole process takes less than 60 min.

• Hi DakotaSurfer, I think Ringo is talking about a DVD player for his TV, not his computer.

You must be using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, great tools.

-John Wayne

• I have found as well the DVD Fab Decrypter is a great tool that is free and I have no problems making DVD's with that. They also come out with free updates occasionally.

-John Wayne

• Thanks for all the info Todd, Dakota. Im illiterate when it comes to electronic technology, that i'd better leave any changing of anything to some computer wiz -- or like mentioned by Todd; i'd probably ruin my dvd player. Knowing me, I would ruin it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I do a lot of what we call DVD ripping for p2p sites and have some pretty nice software that makes them come out looking great.

• It's not a Dutch release, but a Dutch seller. It's the Italian release RoughRider pointed out in post nt. 6. There is also a link to his site in his signature which has al lot of info on DVD releases.

Anyway the DVD on ebay looks like the official Italian release. I bought it a while back, but I don't know if it is available now.

Regards
    Popol Vuh

• I've got it but it was a TV release. There were two on last weekend that I missed that I don't have. Lawless Nineties and Lonely Trail. In two weeks AMC is showing The New Frontier (1935).

• Sorry Popol

Yes, it is Italian. What is print and sound qulaity like?

Mike

I have no complaints, allthough I am often satisfied and then see people writing reveiws on Amazon who completely slaughter the same releases . Since it is an official RKO release I think it probably won't get much better than this. I'm certain you won't feel ripped off if you decide to buy it.

Regards
    Popol Vuh