Ummmm, ummmm good

There are 133 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 29,559 times. The latest Post () was by gt12pak.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Costco is a chain of super-large warehouse stores, that offer really good prices on many items to it's members (about $40/year). Some items are limited in selection, but good prices compared to similar items in the supermarket.

The blueberry bread to which I referred is one we get at Costco, and I've never seen it anywhere else, although it may be available other places. It is a loaf loaded through and through with blueberries, has a decadently delicious crumb topping, and is sliced into 3/4-inch thick slices (they barely fit into the toaster). Then, with the added touch of butter melted into it - it's hard to resist! It comes with two two-pound loaves per package.

It's just the thing to be munching while relaxing by the computer in the morning, with a hot cuppa joe.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• mrs c

thanks for that it sound yummy we have fruit loaf like that with doorstopper slices, the slices are about 1 inch thick toasted with butter melted in is just the thing for a late night snack. we do have a crumpet toast makes it easier for the little bloke to have crumpets when he wants some, it doesnt stick to the sides of the toaster.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Well it appears that the 100+ degree weather we've had for 15 straight days seems to have taken its toll on my poor mater plants,:cry2: but I do have good news, (no I didn't save a bunch of money by switching to Geico), it seems that my melons are thriving in this intense heat.:hyper:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Well it appears that the 100+ degree weather we've had for 15 straight days seems to have taken its toll on my poor mater plants,:cry2:

Oh, no! :ohmy: Poor 'maters!!

but I do have good news, (no I didn't save a bunch of money by switching to Geico) . . .

ROTFL! I guess you gotta watch TV or listen to the radio enough to appreciate that line! BTW, congrats on the thriving melons . . . vine-ripened melons rank right up there with vine-ripened 'maters! The taste of summer!

Chester :newyear:

• Just kidding, just kidding. :wink_smile:

And puhleeze, don't talk about real food (at least for the next 8 weeks) im on a stinking liquid diet and it aint going as well as I had thought. :stunned:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• If you're on a liquid diet, I can't think of nothing no better than a big ol' wallamelon to eat.:thumbs_up:

Also, I can't have, lunch meat (just bought $11.00 worth of Turkey-thinking that each slice is only 30 calories, no fats and that it was healthy but????) I can't have soup of anykind-even broth Grrrr, I can''t have anykind of fruit either Grrr--and I just bought several apples, two bunches of grapes, and a few containers of peaches. Grrrrr, of and, apparently I can't have celery or cucumbers--and on those, I CANT understand why? Grrrrr.

However, I can have, Spinach, aspharagus, broccoli and cauliflower--and I absolutely hate all four of those vegetables.

• It's a liquid diet. I can have a drink-shake-as a meal for breakfast and lunch, then I can have one teenet tiney bread and skinless chicken breast (grilled) for supper. I THINK I can have carrots as nothing was said when I mentioned those. I wonder what they will say about me having a small salad-which encludes cabbage and tiny pieces of carrot?

The drink I have as a meal is called: EAS and comes in two flavors: Strawberry and Chocolate. The EAS drink aint bad tasting and is kinda filling but, it only keeps me just so for just so long and then WHAMMO--im starving. The only savings grace is the chicken breast I have for supper--which I purposely eat at about 10 PM so I don't get hunger pangs during the night.

With this, I eat a handfull of salad. I think they don't want me eating cucumbers andcelery because they contain so much water and don't "fill-the-void" very long. Actually, the salad helped me "fill-that-void" along with that handful of salad. I also had a serving of applesauce for a dessert--which is healthy as hell and I bet they would have something against that too--because it's made od apples. :glare:

• Carl, I'm so sorry! Is this a diet for a particular health purpose? Not trying to be nosy . . . .

I know that on Weight Watchers, lettuce is an item that can be consumed in unlimited quantities. I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to eat salad, as long as you don't load it with a ton of creamy dressing. So cukes and celery are full of water and don't "fill the void"? So why can't you eat as much as you want? Obviously the drink isn't filling the void, either!

:angry_smile: It's making me mad, just thinking about it!!

So . . . after you read this, I guess you better steer clear of this thread for eight weeks :cry2:.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• just for you ringo i wont talk about ummy biscuits or fruit salads, or any other thing like that i will talk about that aspharagus (i call it grass as i hate the stuff), broc, caulis how bought brussel sprouts. but i do wish we could talk about something ummmy for you jsut to keep the goal in sight.

mum made some custard creams, choc chip bickies and anzac bickies mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm they were oh so oops sorry cant go there

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Back in the Good Old Days Duke Liked Sour Dough Pancakes, Sausage and Two Eggs Sunny Side Up for Breakfast !
    :teeth_smile:
    Duke's House Keeper "Rosa" Always Had Some Sour Dough in the Refrigerator to Make Duke's Pancakes with.
    :ohmy:
    You can also make Sour Dough Biscuits, Doughnuts and Sour Dough French Bread.
    :wink_smile:
    Below will Show You How to Make Sour Dough for Yourself.
    :hyper:
    http://www.ranch26bar.com/SOURDOUGH.html
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Thanks to all you for the support for me on this diet--which is much more than I get from any family members.

Thank you Sue, and your not nosy, and yep, im on this diet to drop some quick pounds because of an up-coming operation I need. Im not sure how much im supposed to lose yet-but should find out more on this, this Saturday.

My total daily calorie intake is from between 500-800 calories. Some days are going good, and some not so good. Im not sure why they will not let me eat lettuce? the cukes and celery apparently have too much water according to the dietician I saw. I will be addressing more issues with them on saturday though.

I was shocked when I was told of this diet. I THOUGHT that I would have to do a gradual decrease-which I have been tought is the healthier way.:glare:

Im gonna try to stay away from this topic for awhile :wink_smile: