Ummmm, ummmm good

There are 133 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 29,722 times. The latest Post () was by gt12pak.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• And when I want a hamburger, I WANT A HAMBURGER! And when I want a sausage, I WANT A SAUSAGE! And when I want a schnitzel(SP?) uh, I don't know what one of those is.:omg:

Hi GT, why don't you want a Schnitzel? You can choose between a Wienerschnitzel and a Jagerschnitzel. I had both when I was travelling in Germany and they both are very good. They both are like eating Chicken Fried Steak, only one comes with gravy and the other does not. :yeaahh: Don't tell me that you guys don't eat chicken fried steak! :ohmy: If not, then the South will never rise again. :uhoh:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi GT, oops, I guess I misunderstood your post ;-D WHEW! I was afraid that the South had lost ya.

But anyway, they look and taste like chicken fried steak. Also, I tried a nice Hackfleisch meal - which is roasted leg of Lamb with carrots, potatoes and maybe a few other veggies. Anyway, that was delicious too.

• I might try one sometime, but I don't know where I can get one around here.

Ya probably have to go to some big city to find a German restaurant. We used to have one here in CC-land called: The Edelweiss (which means) Eternally White and is named after the famous flower found in the Alpine Regions. Anyway, this restaurant went out of business and mainly all you can find here is mexican and chinese food. :(

• Ringo, a quick trip down to Schulenberg or Fredericksburg will take care of those German hankerings. I remember when I was 16, I ate some garlic infested sausagemacallit and couldn't stand myself for days on end. However, I've since grown accustomed to the rich foods and enjoy a run to the german deli every once in a while. One of the FEW benefits of living in Portland is the variety of places to eat I am currently enjoying the delicacy of Hand-Foot-Mouth disease that was home delivered to me from that great chain of eateries known as daycare. So as far as eating anything solid, I'm down to soup with soft crackers. Whodathunkit, a grown man getting this. Hope all is well with you.
    Bo

• Ringo, a quick trip down to Schulenberg or Fredericksburg will take care of those German hankerings. I remember when I was 16, I ate some garlic infested sausagemacallit and couldn't stand myself for days on end. However, I've since grown accustomed to the rich foods and enjoy a run to the german deli every once in a while. One of the FEW benefits of living in Portland is the variety of places to eat I am currently enjoying the delicacy of Hand-Foot-Mouth disease that was home delivered to me from that great chain of eateries known as daycare. So as far as eating anything solid, I'm down to soup with soft crackers. Whodathunkit, a grown man getting this. Hope all is well with you.
    Bo

Hi Bo, I had completely forgotten about Fredericksburg. I used to have an Aunt & Uncle that lived there right off the lake and they had a small convience store there. They also were the only people anywhere near the area, that sold Billy Beer. Also, Fredericksburg has the distinction of being the place where I discovered; Hires Rootbeer--which is some very good stuff. :beer:

Sorry to hear that you not feeling well and hope you recover quickly. Some nice hot Chicken soup should help you out some. I had to do the soup thing, earlier last year when I had that stomach viris that was going around. Soup for two weeks and nothing much else.

• Planning on entertaining some friends this weekend and I'm gonna try a lo country boil. I basically know how to cook one (this is my first), but if anyone can give me any tips, I'd be more than happy to try it. Perhaps Mr. Brooks would know if the Duke had ever cooked one himself. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• gt12pak,

Give this a look and see if it helps.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/D…-Country-Boil/Detail.aspx

I've done several boils but we call them cajun boils around here.

Usually, we are cooking such a big batch that we have to cook the veggies seperate from the seafood and sausage. Also, I use andouille sausage rather than kielbasa as I think it lends a better flavor and I like to add cut up yellow onions and a lemon cut in half for flavor.

The main thing is to watch the seafood. When it floats it's done and don't overcook the spuds or they'll be mushie.

Good luck! This is making me hungry!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• One more thing. If you're using frozen seafood, be sure it's thawed out before you do the boil elsewise you will tend to overcook it and the temp of the boil will be taken too low.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Thanks for the tips Tbone, the picture itself looks scrumptous(SP?). What do you think about using Vidalia onions instead of the yellow ones?

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Yup tow-maters....ain't nothing I love no better than a mater, a coupla slices of bread, some mayo, a touch of salt and pepper and I swear that if you put it on my forehead my tongue would beat my brains out trying to get to it. Hmmm, maybe I should have put this one on the ummm ummm good thread :glare:

Well, I just had to respond in the appropriate thread, because your description of that sandwich was causin' the Mrs. and me to start droolin' like nobody's business!

A sandwich with HOMEGROWN, VINE-RIPENED maters . . . nothin' better!

Chester :newyear:

• i like tom sarnies as well but without the mayo (trying to loose weight so it has to be out), i like warm just out of the oven bread, soft butter, tommies and a little pepper. or better yet just grab a tom and eat it as is the jucies running down your chin the taste is just heavenly.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• mrs c

just talking about the toms makes my mouth water will have to wipe up the drool soon, wish we could grow our own but with water the way it is not for a long time will we be able to grow our own vegies.

drizzle the oil just lightly over have to watch my weight now.

cheers smokey

• Hot water Corn-bread, fried green tomatoes, red beans slow cooked all day with hamburger meat and onions mixed in and fresh green onions!!!!!!
    I have a friend that recently went to Las Vegas and ate at a Soul Food restaurant and was surprised when they served "pancakes" with the beans, greens and pork chops. She asked for syrup and the waitress said they didn't have any. "What am I supposed to put on my pancakes?". This lady is 45 yrs. old and from the South and she got her first hot water cornbread in Vegas of all places. My grandmother fixed it for every meal and I loved it, not realizing that she made it because it was cheap and she was on a fixed income!

• Well, I just had to respond in the appropriate thread, because your description of that sandwich was causin' the Mrs. and me to start droolin' like nobody's business!

A sandwich with HOMEGROWN, VINE-RIPENED maters . . . nothin' better!

Chester :newyear:

Ahhhhh, guess who just picked 4 vine ripened maters???? Perhaps a salad and a mater sammich are in store for later on tonight!:hyper: BTW, never tried olive oil. Thanks for the advice.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• mrs c

just what is Costco's blueberry toast is it some thing like a poptart ... we just have bread which we toast then put the jam on we dont have poptarts well not that i know off and i work in a grocery store.

cheers smokey