posting photographs

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,112 times. The latest Post () was by arthurarnell.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi

Can anyone explain to me in words of one syllable how to post photographs on to threads.

To date I have been scanning them on to my computer and then using browse putting them into my gallery and then transferring them on to each thread.

The problem with this is you are only allowed fifty pictures and if you delete them from the gallery, they automatically delete from the thread.

Also how do you put more than one picture in the topic such as Kieth and Chester do in their posts.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Use an off site hosting service. I've been using Photobucket for over a year now and love it... I can post what's called thumbnails and then you can click on the photo to see the entire image. No strain on the server and the basic account let's say at Photobucket, lets you store up to 1 GB of pictures at no change. The latest example of what I'm talking about is in this response I made on another topic:

Interview Topic

You see the small image, click on it and it will expand to full size. Many, many, many people use this type of storage.

• Arthur,

When you go to post or reply you should have the option to attach files to the post. Look for a button that says "Manage Attachments" and click on it to add pictures to the post your making. The manage attachments button is down below the post icons section and the first submit button, just scoll down.

Kevin

• Arthur,

Instead of putting them into your gallery, use Kevin's step of "Manage Attachments" and place them directly into your post. There is a size limit for the attachments (if your scanned image file is too large, it won't let you attach it to the post), but if the image file isn't too large, try that. After you open the dialog box, you will see 5 spaces where you can add files. After you have added all the ones you want, using the "Browse" button, hit the "Upload" button. When the files are done, you will see them farther down in that same dialog box, indicating they have been attached successfully. Then you can close that dialog box. If you have added all the text you want for your post, simply hit "Submit Reply" and you should see your post with the pictures in it.

If your image file is too large, there is a web site (Free Photo Resizing) where you can reduce the size of the file. I think it's pretty easy to use, they have directions on the site, but let me know if you need any help. If your file is really large, go for the big guns and reduce it 75% right at the start. If it's still too large, reduce it again until it is within the limit.

Then you can put other pictures in your gallery, at your discretion, without using space for photos you want to post in the different forums.

Good luck!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Hi

I've found the add attachment button, but it only works on my lap top not on my other computer, I'll have to sort it out it can't be that difficult a problem.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low