Daylight Saving Time

There are 29 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,932 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Of course I am totally against Daylight Savings Time; what an idiot thing to say. It's not fun getting up to work in the dark (by the way it uses more energy). Sunrise isn't until after 7 a.m. for the moment. And the school children are having to wait for the bus in the dark. That's really smart, they could are more likely to be hit by a vehicle. :coffee:

They should call it golfer's time since they are the only ones who smile, so they can play an extra 18 holes of golf while others have to work to make them happy. Oh, be careful they might put in a double daylight standard time so the golfers can play 72 holes of golf every afternoon. That's what they want.

Leave the time alone!!! Not a fan of daylight after 9 p.m. That doesn't make me smile. :angry:

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I completely agree with your post as well as Saddle Tramps posting.

Is there any HOPE that we can ship all or (or most of) those who serve in out Congress, to the deepest wildest part of Canada? PLEEEEEEEEZE? :D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I'm afraid that we are in a minority in this decision, Ringo. There are too many people who want this. I'm not sure it they wanted it this soon. But I haven't heard many complaints except from me.

By the way the atomic clock which has a lot to do with some of my settings have not responded to the change and will not do so until April 1. So, the atomic clock in my computer did not change, the clock on my cell phone has not changed, the internal clock on my XM radio did not change, my VCR didn't make the change and some of my clocks didn't do it either on my watches or alarms. I think I have 10 clocks that cannot change until April 1.

I guess that the atomic time commission didn't approve this measure. Oh, they are international, and don't answer to the congress. Now if we can just get them out and put the right people in to stop doing stupid things like they do. By the way, your tax dollars in action.

Cheer :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I just noticed that this message board dont recognize the time change either. Now if we don't acknowledge this why should any one else?

- John Wayne quote

• Most people are like sheep and go along with whatever our congresspeople (in their infinite :stunned: wisdom) come up with. So, unless something lawmakers propose gores the voters' ox, the masses will go right along with it:headbonk: !
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Hondo, (we) would not be in the minority on this one if more people experianced the kind of very uncomfortable heat and incessant 70% or above, humidity that we live in here. Instead of spending ah hr or so in the evenings on the front porch enjoying life, here you would be sweating profusely without moving a muscle. If the humidity stayed below 55% then it would not feel so bad.

• The majority of the people like the idea that longer and later days give them a chance to do things they can't do with shorter daylight. Most people Carl don't spend time on the porch like they did in the past when they have a/c.

Yes the humidity is bad and I don't like it either, but they like it better than being cold. By the way, I'm with you Carl. I just know what people like and they want hot days and longer daylight nights.

- John Wayne quote

• Like I'm trying to say people!!! You are not saving time...It is imposible to do.There are 24 hours,1440 minutes in every day.You can't save 35 minutes from today and use it tomorrow. If people want more daylight hours to play then get your hide up and to work earlier.Quit messing with the clocks. You are only fooling yourself with the illusion of actualy saving time.As for The Ringo Kids idea about bringing congresses idiots up here I have to say they would fit right in with our bunglers and crooks.I've said for years that we need a special place to put these people and I was thinking of some of our northern territory. It is definately cold and frozen for a good portion of the year and DST would't work at all when you have 6 months of daylight 6 months of dark...SaddleTramp...

• The majority of the people like the idea that longer and later days give them a chance to do things they can't do with shorter daylight. Most people Carl don't spend time on the porch like they did in the past when they have a/c.

Yes the humidity is bad and I don't like it either, but they like it better than being cold. By the way, I'm with you Carl. I just know what people like and they want hot days and longer daylight nights.

Hi Hondo, definately makes sense but, here in CC area, our "curtain" rises at about 5:30 am and will not set until 9:00 pm. Just too many hrs to get and stay hot. Around here, it is advisable to slow down a bit during our 9 month long summers.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi SaddleTramp, being that your in Canada, i'd sure hate to "polute" the great scenery there by sending our politicians there. How about, they should all be sent to Alcatraz? ;-D