Any baseball fans out there?

There are 131 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 25,219 times. The latest Post () was by Paula.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, it does feel better to be back on the winning side again. Did you know that there have been 17 postponed games already this year?

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Let me see, the Dodgers are winning and a half a game as of Saturday behind. GO BIG BLUE!!

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Yes Mrs. C. Take it from a die-hard Baltimore Oriole fan (me :cry2: ) , that was not at all fun to watch and was a horrific game that just wouldn't end. And it was the first game of a double-header. They had to play a game 20 minutes after that one ended. My Orioles wound up losing that one also, 9 to 7. :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: Not enough tears could be shed to ease that pain.

But hey, it was historic! No team had ever given up that many runs since 1900. Texas had 2 grand slams, two 3-run homers and a whole bunch of other hits. And all those runs were earned, no errors added to them.

Thank goodness they left town, they were getting tired from running all those bases. :stunned:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• First game of a double header, huh? OUCH!

Well, at least the second game was relatively close, not SO painful.

Not having listened to the sports report yet this morning on the radio, I was still thinking about that game and wondering about errors. NO errors - well, that's a good thing, at least. I was picturing some Little League games I've watched, where the score would have been similar but for that 4-run-per-inning "mercy" rule. Otherwise, due to errors all over the place (after all, they ARE kids), the game would never end. So I am real glad to hear that at least the runs last night were earned, and that the fielding was the best it could have been.

But what a game - those home runs accounted for almost half the score!

I think that, even for the team that is winning, such a lopsided score makes for not as much fun. It's like "what's the point?" No where near the same satisfaction factor, IMHO.

Cyber hugs to you, Mark!

• MARK remember a lost by 1 run or 27 runs is still only one lost. but since i'am a phillies die hard we lost our best pitcher thats our fourth starter and 15th DL this season.:cry2:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Im not much of a baseball fan, since I played for the Bulldogs many years ago. But, I remember that the Chicago Cubs had an announcer I think by the name of: Harry Carey. I enjoyed watching and listening to the games he announced. My question on him is, is he still announcing games for the Cubs?

Also, and Kevin or GT might know this one (im hoping) I remember watching many an Atlanta Braves game - while waiting for a good movie to start on WTBS. I remember there was an announcer who announced the games there but I do not know his name. Anyway, what really struck me at the time was, that this guy sounded to me exactly like Gary Cooper! Is this guy still announcing the Braves games? :shades_smile:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I grew up in southern Illinois (a Cub fan) some of my earliest childhood memories are of being awakened by the screaming voice of Harry Carey as my dad listened to the Cardinal games. Harry started broadcasting for the good guys, the Cubs, in 1991 and died in 1998 at age 84. Baseball's lose.

• Im not much of a baseball fan, since I played for the Bulldogs many years ago. But, I remember that the Chicago Cubs had an announcer I think by the name of: Harry Carey. I enjoyed watching and listening to the games he announced. My question on him is, is he still announcing games for the Cubs?

gt is correct, Carl - Harry Carey died, goodness, has it been eight years ago or more? They still revere his memory in Chicago!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Thanks May, Jay, I never heard anything announced about his passing away? I guess that wouldn't be unusual for me not to hear somehting like that because of the job I had at that time-and having very little time for wathcing the TVor listening to a radio.

Well rats. :-((

Rest in Peace Harry.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• His rendition of "Take me out the the Ballgame" during the 7th innning stretch at home games was truly priceless!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne