Random Observations

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 339,933 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just wanted to express my sincere sympathy to our friend Popol Vuh of Norway for the terrible tragedy that has struck your homeland. That's awful.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Thank you Jim.
    I guess I'm shocked, but not surprised. I always thought that the day would come where we were affected by terrorist acts like many others have experienced other places. There are crazy people everywhere. The way this action was performed is even more disturbing than the number of lives lost.
    Regards
    Popol Vuh

• Just wanted to express my sincere sympathy to our friend Popol Vuh of Norway for the terrible tragedy that has struck your homeland. That's awful.

Popol Vuh,
    The same goes for me, and thanks to Jim
    for making his post.
    Good to hear from you again,
    even though it is in such sad circumstances

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Something that's almost incomprehensible to me are the news reports stating that the Norwegian murderer, who killed about a hundred innocent people, is only subject to 21 years imprisonment.

If it was up to me, that man would, at a minimum, be imprisoned for the rest of his life.

• Something that's almost incomprehensible to me are the news reports stating that the Norwegian murderer, who killed about a hundred innocent people, is only subject to 21 years imprisonment.

If it was up to me, that man would, at a minimum, be imprisoned for the rest of his life.

21 years is the maximum per Norwegian law but they can extend it indefinitely in 5 year reviews/extensions after the 21 years if they feel the offender is still a risk.

I offer my sympathy also. Such a horrible, horrible event. It seems more and more crazies are showing up as the world's population increases.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Another thing that puzzles me about the act in Norway are the reports saying the guy was armed with a submachine gun. It's very hard even in America, where gun laws are very lax, for an individual to acquire a submachine gun. According to what I understand, it's almost impossible for a European to get hold of any kind of gun, much less an automatic weapon. So how did this nut acquire one?

I have a confession to make. If the reports are correct that he was motivated by a hatred of Islam, I can understand that. I think the western world is slowly committing suicide by letting all the Muslims into our countries. However, I cannot ever condone what this man did.

• The sad thing about european gun control is legally it is very difficult to own a gun unless involved in farming or gun sports. However, illegal guns including automatics can be easily obtained with the right amount of money.

• Oh yeah, Mike, I forgot - with enough money a person can buy ANTHING anywhere.

Unfortunately, with surplus arms from countless wars in Africa and the Middle East plus whatever has disappeared from former communist states in Europe and our little Chinese friends they in abundance and comparatively cheap.

• Thought you would like this I saw on our
    friends the 'Save the Quiet Man Cottage' site.

In the UK it's now about £3.80 a pint.
    When The Quiet Man was made in 1951, it was 5p.!!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Inflation is a real bummer, ain't it?
    In 1951, we could buy gasoline for less than 20 cents a gallon - sure do miss that.

• Call me extremely politically cynical but it would not surprise me in the least to learn that this disaster was caused by a moonbat Dummicrat who's trying to damage Rick Perry's presidential candidacy in some way.

• On our own local level, we had a wildfire yesterday here in north San Antonio. Burned about 200 acres and one house, but no one was injured thankfully. Firefighters gained complete control by late evening, though their effort was impeded by high winds which is what the Bastrop people had to contend with.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"