Random Observations

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 340,199 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I've been buying a roll of these each time a new one was issued and there have been times I've wondered if I'd ever live to get Hawaii's but maybe I'll make it.

Each time I've bought a roll, I stash them in an old ammo can and man, that sucker is getting heavy.

I have seven grandkids and I want to buy the quarter albums and make up one for each.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I cannot believe the unmitigated gall of these yahoos. All we've read since they got billions in taxpayer money was how high on the hog their wheels are living. They oughta throw all the SOBs in jail and let them cool their heels for a spell.

• I heard a story on the radio this morning that just made me want to vomit. A mother passed away in CA. The family, in order to keep receiving the social security checks the "mom" was getting, took her body and cremated her in the back yard - BBQ style and they used some sort of special wood (can't remember what it was) because it burned hotter - I think olive wood or something like that.

What in the HELL is this world coming too. I mean that is just sickening. Makes me want to vomit again thinking about it.

:vomit:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• I heard about that also, ladybug. I will never understand how people can do such a thing. It was all done in the name of cheating. They wanted the SS checks to keep coming. I just can't understand, and don't want to, on how someone can dispose of a "loved one" in such fashion. Ug!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Not a doubt but that the gun-control nuts (the Brady Bunch) will be out in force when the left takes over in Washington.

Forewarned is forearmed, guys, so keep your powder dry and get ready to defend, with force if need be, your Second Amendment rights.

• It's funny but I've never been opposed to Latins sneaking into the U.S. for political reasons. Only for economic reasons.

I'm so devoted to the idea of human freedom that I feel a kinship with others who seek it.

• A Fable
    Once upon a time a man appeared in a village and announced to the
    villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10 each.

The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out
    to the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at $10 and, as supply started to diminish,
    the villagers stopped their effort. He next announced that he would
    now buy monkeys at $20 each. This renewed the efforts of the villagers
    and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back
    to their farms. The offer increased to $25 each and the supply of
    monkeys became so scarce it was an effort to even find a monkey, let
    alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50 each! However,
    since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would
    buy on his behalf.
    In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers: "Look at
    all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has already collected.
    I will sell them to you at $35 and when the man returns from the city,
    you can sell them to him for $50 each."

The villagers rounded up all their savings and bought all the monkeys
    for 700 billion dollars.

They never saw the man or his assistant again, only lots and lots of
    monkeys!

Now you have a better understanding of how the WALL STREET BAILOUT
    PLAN WILL WORK !!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• AIG was bailed out by the federal goverment but not Lehman Brothers.
    Japan's Nomura Holdings purchased Asia and the Pacific Ocean section of Lehman Brothers Holdings.
    Did the Japan-U.S. both governments discuss it?
    I hear that a few of annual salaries of Lehman employee have more income than the president of Nomura . it 's terribly high .
    Surely, the adjustment of the labor cost of the two companies will become major problem in the future.
    Anyway, I'm not going to bail Lehman out. you are on your own,i must say.

Taka

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

Edited once, last by H.sanada ().

• Not a doubt but that the gun-control nuts (the Brady Bunch) will be out in force when the left takes over in Washington.

Forewarned is forearmed, guys, so keep your powder dry and get ready to defend, with force if need be, your Second Amendment rights.

That's why my AR-15 stays with me!! They are not getting that sucker!!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• There is a Company now that is Making a Hidden Gun Safe that is Made To Be put in the Ground and is Easy to Get To and is Hidden From The Feds !
    But for me at My Age, I am Going Out with a Smoking 357 in My Hand when they Come to my place for my Fire-Arms !!!
    (bud)
    Chilibill
    :jump: