Random Observations

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 340,171 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• IMO, when a majority of the people in any jurisdiction vote for something, that should become settled law until another vote by the people overturn the first vote. I don't think judges or politicians should have the right to overturn majority votes. After all, that's what democracy is, I thought.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• My gosh, I feel like the world's biggest dummy.

First of all, I want to offer Keith (ethan) a very sincere apology. I did not know, until today, that not only is he one of the hardest working contributors to this board but he is also an extremely accomplished musician who is a well-known and honored celebrity in his homeland.

For the very first time today, while looking through Keith's public profile, I discovered and brought up his website. While looking through the site, I learned that Keith is a prolific songwriter and singer who has been well-known in the UK for many years. I listened to some of the songs Keith has available on the site and I'm telling you folks, he is one helluva guitar player and singer. And like the dumbass I am, I never knew that until today. Please forgive me, Keith.

Anyway, Duke fans, I urge you to also visit Keith's home page and listen to some of the fabulous music he belts out. He's very talented.

• Now I feel very dumb as well..... my apologies Keith.

• Jim and Jim,

No need for apologies though,
    it's something that I do, but don't shout it out everywhere!

Thank you so very much for your lovely comments.
    I am very honoured to have you as friends.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Now I feel very dumb as well..... my apologies Keith.

Stumpy and Lt. B,

You are NOT dumb, either one of you, not even the tiniest bit!

How could you possibly have known? Keith is obviously not a show-off, in that he has not touted his musical life and career here. I'm not sure how I've known about it for what seems like a long time - I don't remember now how it came to my attention.

In any case, as you say, he has had a very long, VERY prolific musical career, which is continuing to thrive to this day, with recent release of an album of songs written and performed by him! Yay, Keith, and CONGRATULATIONS on your most recent success!!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I wonder how many other people have noticed this?

Since America elected a black president last November, it seems like almost all TV commercials feature blacks in some role or another. It was certainly not that way UNTIL Obama was elected, which means the business interests in this country, and the networks on which these commercials appear, are sucking up to the man in the WH. There can be no other rational explanation for the huge increase in black performers shown in commercials.

• Thank you all for your lovely comments,
    and I appreciate your kind words and support.

My involvement with the JWMB is one of personal satisfaction and pleasure.
    It's great, just to be able to chat and and exchange information
    with like minded fans, without personal backgrounds being an issue.
    I feel, that we have all made this forum a much better place,
    and a community so worthwhile belonging to.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 5 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Man, I can't believe my good fortune. I was browsing through the archive films on the Warner website this afternoon and discovered they now have this movie for sale. I haven't even seen it on TV for at least 35 or 40 years and it's always been one of my favorite films, bar none. It's a delightful coming-of-age comedy starring Dean Stockwell. I knew it was in the TMC inventory as I have from time to time also checked the movies they have but though I've beseeched them to release it on DVD, they've ignored my pleas. Obviously TMC and Warner are affiliated in some way; otherwise Warner wouldn't be offering a TMC movie for sale. Anyway, Christmas came early this year far as I'm concerned. (newyr)