There are 14 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,410 times. The latest Post () was by Lt. Brannigan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Pick Your Favorite Movie 6

1. Spider-Man (0) 0%
    2. Spider-Man 2 (1) 17%
    3. Spider-Man 3 (2) 33%
    4. None Of The Above (3) 50%

Supposedly before it even opened in the United States it had made 29 million in the Asian and Euporean theaters. And they are predicting it will break records all over. I was able to see it this morning at 11:30 a.m. There were only 12 people in the theater since the kids were still in school. I have my opinion but I'm sure you or your kids will drag you to the see it real soon.

For special effects and tying up loose ends I'd have to choose Spiderman 3. But, I'd have to pick Spiderman (the 1st movie) as the overall best of the trilogy.

• My boy is fired up about this movie, but we are busy this weekend and I am turkey hunting this week so we wil not have a chance to go see it till next weekend. I am actually looking forward to seeing it myself as I liked the 1st 2 movies.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• The Bourne Ultimatium looks awesome. My wife loves that series more then I do!!

I watched The Bourne Identity probably about 15 times when it was at the Dollar Cinema. Could not get enough of that movie, and also besides, it was being shown during the middle of the summer and was a nice place to go to "cool off." I liked this one the best so far. The Bourne Supremacy wasn't that good but I am looking forward to seeing The Bourne Ultimatium. I didn't like the idea that his new Girlfriend was killed off so quickly.

The one film I am really looking forward to finally seeing is: Comanchie Stallion. Movie is now being produced--finally.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I usually don't see the spiderman movies until they come out on video, so I have to say that I would pick out of the other two the first one because of the transformation from ordinary person to super hero is always a good one to see, and thought so for Superman, the movie, and other movies of the past. Yes I saw the first Superman back in 1978 with a friend who was a big fan. I liked it a lot.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I watched The Bourne Identity probably about 15 times when it was at the Dollar Cinema. Could not get enough of that movie, and also besides, it was being shown during the middle of the summer and was a nice place to go to "cool off." I liked this one the best so far. The Bourne Supremacy wasn't that good but I am looking forward to seeing The Bourne Ultimatium. I didn't like the idea that his new Girlfriend was killed off so quickly.

Yeah! That was quite a bummer! We were just settling in to her character when she was killed off!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• .... transformation from ordinary person to super hero is always a good one to see, and thought so for Superman, the movie, and other movies of the past. Yes I saw the first Superman back in 1978 with a friend who was a big fan. I liked it a lot.

Cheers :cool:

That is still my #1 comic book movie, I first saw it when I was 6 cause I was a big fan of Superheroes back then... Wolverine, Batman, Spider-Man, Captain America (who needs a good movie by the way) and of course Superman.

• Yeah! That was quite a bummer! We were just settling in to her character when she was killed off!

Hi Jay, I fully agree and do hope this third installment is much better-or I might not be much of a Ludlam fan in the future. My Mother loved his books and had everything wiht his name on it. When she was still alive and had her thousands of paperbacks--I was not into that kind of stuff at the time and was primarily into Military fiction--such as:

The Black Eagles by John Lansing (Vietnam War - Special Forces stuff)

The Sergeant by Gordon Davis (aka) E. Howard Hunt of Watergate Scandal fame) This was a series about an American Master Sergeant (Clarence Joe ((C.J.)) Mahoney--he never forgave his parents for giving him the name Clarence and went by the name of Joe. Anyway, he is an American Soldier in WWII Europe--the best series of ooks I ever read.

Casca by Barry Sadler (of The Green Berets fame) His main character was a Roman Soldier named: Casca Rufio Longinus. Casca become immortal after stabbing Christ with his spear (Spear of Longinus) and he tasted Christs bolld--making him immortal of sorts. Meaning, Casca can be hurt and killed, but Christs blood brings him back to life--as an eternal punishment for him stabbing him. Casca roams from one century toi another fighting all the time. On ebook he might be a Roman soldier, the next he might be a British Tommy, a Confederate, a German, back to Barbarian, Persian etc. Another great series.

Sorry for my lengthy tirade.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• (the following may contain spoilers)

First let me say, I enjoyed "Spidey 3", I didn't feel like my time had been wasted or that I wanted my money back, but of the three "Spider-Man" films so far, "3" is the weakest. I think they tried to cram too much into this film. Too many villians, all the problems with Mary Jane and they did damn little with the Gwen Stacy plot (James Cromwell as Captain Stacy was totally wasted in this film, hope he does more in part 4) and they did the one thing that I truly hate in superhero movies, they had the hero (and villians) running around in public and fighting without the mask. I just hate that. I'm a comic geek I want to see the superhero's and bad guys in full costumes.Overall, it was an okay movie, but I hope they do better in part 4

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• I have to agree, the unmasking happened way too many times. And the best friend changing from a bad guy to a good guy is so cliché, they could have worked on that a bit. They closed and answered pretty much all the missing pieces, a part 4 would have go back to Peter and MJ getting hitched or something. I think a trilogy is enough. Anything past 3 parts these days is overkill except for Star Trek and Star Wars.

Anything past 3 parts these days is overkill except

You would think that they would learn that with these disgusting horror franchises, which are really nothing more than gross-outs. But I am looking forward to more cinematic Spidey adventures. However when I watched part three, during the finale I wondered how the hell he wasn't going to be exposed... I never did get my answer.