Goldfinger coming back to Cinema what about John Wayne

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,142 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I read a recent announcement that Goldfinger is with Sean Connery is to rereleased in a couple hundred cinemas in UK in the Autumn.

Most of these have gone to digital projection rather than film which cuts the production costs of making 35mm prints.

Now wouldnt it be a great idea for some classic John Wayne films to be released again
    to the cinema in 2007

I think there would be a market for them and Elvis made a cinema appearance on his 25th Anniversary with a digitally remastered /re edited That The Way it Is.

Any chance???

Mike

• You know, there's a theater near us that shows older movies every Thursday night, for $5. Tonight they're showing Airplane! and recently they showed a couple of of Hitchcock films. Of course, being the bastion of left-wing liberalism that it is, I don't know if Santa Cruz could handle showing a JW flick! But maybe someone could suggest it to them, in light of it being John Wayne's centennial year . . . maybe I'll do just that!

Chester :newyear:

• Hi Chester

If you mention that it is the 100th Anniversary and you reckon there is a willing audience to go to a show I would say that they will agree if they can get a negative.

All you can do is ask and you never know.

Mike

• That would be great. You would think that Batjac would have gotten some feelers out there to try to do something like this.

Setting up some showings of the Dukes films again in the theater would go over great.

I think they'd be amazed at the reception.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Yeah that would be too cool. There is an old theatre where I live, I tried to purchase it several years ago, I was going to play old classics and try and draw kids in for Saturdays matinee. Needless to say the powers that be and it ain't me sold it to a square dance outfit that holds there weekly dances there, how boring is that. Lash larue, and the duke, with gene and Roy every Saturday would have been too cool. With cable and Sattelite tv it may have been a flop and since it wouldn't have the punks as bad but good in todays genre, I may have been the only patron.

Mister you better find yourself another line of work, cause this one sure DON"T fit your PISTOL!

• We need to get ole Itdo. He is a wealth of information and knows a lot of the answers that we can't answer. Maybe we should invite him to come back. He might have some of those copies.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• You guys should contact Wayne from the birthplace and ask him how they went about getting the movies that were shown all weekend in Winterset over the Centenial celebration.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne