There are 35 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,022 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Our two younger sons bought a Playstation 3. They bought the 3 over a 2, even though it cost more, because you could play the old Playstation games on it, but not on the 2. Some of the things they like about it . . . the controllers have rechargable batteries, which charge while they play, and then they can disconnect from a cord for awhile; the Blu-ray DVD player; Internet connectibility; no need for memory cards with games, as the console has a good sized hard drive.

There is at least one game that requires more physical movement to play (I think it's a baseball game). Some of the games require the player to move the controller from side to side or up and down to accomplish some tasks, but it is not as interactive as the Wii.

Speaking of availability of the Wii - the local Toys-R-Us had people lined up at midnight to get the few that would be available at 7 AM the next morning. The Circuit City store right next to it got a shipment of Wiis on Christmas Eve, about 30 of them! You can bet that place was crazy!

Chester :newyear:

• I just happened to be in Wal-Mart the other day and asked if they had any Wii's. No, we are sold out and don't know when we'll be getting any more in. As luck would have it, while I was still checking out the cd's and dvd's, the truck came in with a load of wii's on it. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.:hyper:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• gt

you have more ass than class, talk about having the luck of the irish could not have timed that better if you tried. glad you were able to get one have fun getting fit and having fun along the way

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I havent got a Wii, but my cousin has.

I was there for a week...and played it every day. I absolutely loved it!

It's the best console I think, purely for the fact, its active, rather than just sitting down and pressing buttons

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• smokey

You are absolutely right about my having more ass than class and I hope that Wii will be a part of me losing that ass.

bek

This is the best system I have ever bought and you are right about having to move around to play it and not just sitting there.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• The one game that I know of (right off the top of my head) is a WWII game called Call of Duty 3. This game actually gets some fairly high marks. I don't have it personally, but perhaps when the price goes down I might get it.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• ringo

call of duty is on all of the different games systems and i think you can also get them for the pc so hurry up get a computer and get yourself some of the games, by the way the little bloke likes them as well has call of duty and medal of honour now, he gets very angry when he dies funny to watch

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I have the COD series for the PC. It is COD and COD 2 which are based on WW2 and then COD 4: Modern Warefare which is based on a fictional terrorist event that utilizes the US Marines and British SAS against a terrorist group from Russia and the middle east. Very fun games and a obsolute blast to play multi-plyer on, even though I get my butt kicked by 13 year old kids the whole time!!!

They never released COD3 for the PC, only on consoles such as PS2, PS3, XBOX, ect.....

I have played the console versions of COD but to me the PC version is much better and with the mods and people creating there own maps it makes the replay-ability much better for the PC then the consoles.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• HI GT, Smokey, Todd,

GT, thanks-and I might shift a few funds from the DvD buying Dept and maybe buy a game.

Smokey, I do have a computer thanks to a few "Santas' here and on another site. Im having problems getting service because I was told our building can't get it without somekind of a box that is outside the building. Our complex (MIS)management, said that we are all supposed to be getting whatever is necessary to get service. I wonder if they mean those things in the green plastic housing that are about the size of an airconditioning unit?

Todd, thanks for the info as well. I have not played a computer or gaming system for about 6 years now. I tried when I went to a gamers store and could not figure out how to work the controls. These things are so complex-especially compaired with the Atari system-which I loved the simplicity of their controls. Heck, when I bought the Nintendo 64, I thought i'd never get the hang of its controls.

Boy I have a long way to go-to just get back into playing games.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Ringo, all you need for the pc version is a mouse and the keyboard. Its really rather simple and easier to control then the game pads, in my opinion.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Ringo, all you need for the pc version is a mouse and the keyboard. Its really rather simple and easier to control then the game pads, in my opinion.

Hi Todd, I think that's the way i'll go on it. I already have three computer games having played only two of them though. All I have is: Talonsoft's: Eastern Front - which is a great real historically based game, Sid Meiers: Civil War-another greta game and based a bit on the actual events. I forget the name of the last game I bought-as I never even opened it-let alone played it but, it is a WWII game of somekind. The bad thing about my Eastern Front game is that I bought this one when I was in an internet/computer shop, in the old part of Hameln, Germany; and the game is in German. I need to see if I can find a version of it in English-which I know they have.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..