There are 35 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,023 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Which consoles do you have and currently use? 13

1. Nintendo Wii (1) 8%
    2. Nintendo DS (2) 15%
    3. Nintendo Game Cube (1) 8%
    4. Sony Playstation 2 (5) 38%
    5. Sony Playstation 3 (0) 0%
    6. Microsoft XBox 360 (0) 0%
    7. PC Gaming Systems (3) 23%
    8. Atari Game Systems (3) 23%
    9. Don't Have The Time (1) 8%
    10. What Are They? (2) 15%

I had to ask... I know this game has been out for awhile but has to be the most difficult game console to get that I can ever remember. No one sells it online, even Amazon back orders it. People on eBay are trying to sell them for over $500 when the MSRP is $250. Finally, after many, many, many visits to local stores, I went out to Wally World to get a battery for my latest Franklin Mint pocket watch that the batteries were dead, and just by chance I stopped back in Electronics and they had 7 of them come in... So I've been playing it ever since I got it.

What's you opinion of the console and what is your favorite game?

• I never figured you for a videogamer Surfer...anyway.

It's good to see Nintendo back on top again. I always thought the best era of gaming was when Nintendo and Sega were battling back and forth for the top spot. I happen to own the original NES as well as the Genesis, Super Nintendo, Sega CD, N64, Playstation 1 & 2, Gamecube, Gameboy, sp and ds, as well as the original Xbox. And yes, I do have an Atari 2600 packed up somewhere.

I have yet to buy a new game system, but I would buy the Wii in a heartbeat. Followed closely by the Xbox 360. I personally think Sony's new consoles price is gonna hurt them in the long run.

All that being said, what game(s) are you playing on the Wii right now?

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I just got it today so now I have to see what's out there and maybe try a couple. Couple major problems, my activity level has to stay low or I drop my pressure, it's been 90/60 for 3 days now. And any excessive eye strain gives me migraines. I usually play PC Stragedy games like Star Trek Armada II and games like that.

• I have Nintendo, NES, SEGA Genesis, The CD player for the Genesis, PlayStaion 2, and play PC games. On the console I only play sports games. On the PC I play online multiplayer First Person Shooters... Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Delta Force 1,2, Blackhawk down, Joint operations, and Rogue Spear.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• I remember when the only computer game was tennis played on the TV.

Seriously that is my Daughter's department.

I have got addicted to Delta Force and medal of Honour for awhile but I dont have the time to spare and my fingers appreciate the rest!!

Mike

• I went the Nintendo route over the years (Nintendo, Super, and 64). But I went to the playstation after that and enjoyed it very much. Progressed to the Playstation 2 and that's where I stopped. I can't afford or will I pay what they want for a PS3. The WII interests me, and I might go that way in the future is $$$ permits.

I love the war games. Call of Duty series, Medal of Honor series and Brothers in Arms. I must say I do like the Mafia style games also (Mafia and The Godfather). I guess I just like shooting things up :wink_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• All I did was play some tennis and bowling last night and woke up stiff all over. Old age isn't creeping in it ran in... lol

• I read an article that said people who first bought the Wii were somewhat sore after playing it and the article also said that people who didn't exercise on a regular basis will get a pretty good workout with this system.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• The first system I had was the Atari 1600? or 2600? whatever. Anyway, I remember people looked like squares and dots and such. I had about 35 games and it was a decent game system.

Many years later I bought a Nintendo 64 and bought three games. Sarge;'s Men, Goldeneye (James Bond) and a Star Wars game. I had a bout a years worth of fun from it but, some jerk busted into my apartment and stole the system and all three of my games. I have not bought any others. However, I still have a few computer games I bought several years ago, that I will play when I get a computer.

They are: Eastern Front by Talonsoft--great WWII game-for its type. I also have Sid Meiers Gettysburg--which wasa fun game and had thousands of characters tha moved all over the battelfield. I actually defeated the Yankees and chased them out of Gettysburg and made them surrender (after a tought fight) in the fields next to the town. The last game I bought was aWWII game but I never had a chance to play it to--I don't know if its a good game or not?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I read an article that said people who first bought the Wii were somewhat sore after playing it and the article also said that people who didn't exercise on a regular basis will get a pretty good workout with this system.

I'm probably the out-of-shape one but the doctor won't let me work out because I drop my pressure and usually have angina. So I'm letting the wife play it tonight.

• Well, I guess it's safe to post this now. Santa just left here and left one of those Wii's for my boys. I guess they HAVE been good this year.:wink_smile:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• we have a play station 2 which is mainly played on by the little bloke, he likes car racing games as well as the medal of honour games, he also has a nintendo DS with a few games, he is madly saving for a playstation 3 the prices have just come down from the AUD$1000 make to AUD$600 he has been thinking about the Wii, the price is better only about AUD$400 without the extra controler or what ever it is they play with.

a friend of mine says that the Wii is a good all round family game machine

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Really never used none of these and most of titels never heard. My son is playing game on computer sometimes. But these you are mentioning here is something different.
    :yeaahh:

• senta

these things are game consols like a computer but not they just play games there are two which you can get onto the internet with. hope that they come out there for you soon so that you can see what we are talking about. maybe when you go into some of the european countries you could have a look in a toy or electronics shop and have a look at them

they are good fun

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Smokey,
    I think that they are available here - only I am absolutly unaware about them. Not interested in games - that it. But I do heard about Sony Playstations, so I'm not just came from the wild life in the woods.
    Regards,
    Senta

• Ha ha, I love reading what all of you have or have not. At soime point in time, i'd like a new game system but, I don't want nuthin' really fancy. I don't know which system it was but,m I had stopped at some gamers store and they had several systems up and running for people to play free. Well, I tried one which was some sort of "Desert Storm or Black Hawk Down" kinda game. Well, all I managed to to was move a few soldiers around but could not figure out how to make the fire their weapons or do anything. These new-fangled controls are hard to use and are nothing like the Nintendo 64 controls. These new ones have WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many buttons on them.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi

I bought the Wii for my wife's birthday last September. We love the bowling and with the kids over for Christmas have seen lots of other games to play. looks like i could get to like the golf.

And yes it does make you sore for a bit afterwards, because its like doing the real thing.

Someone at work said that soon you will be able to play every game known without leaving your front room and that's kind of spooky.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low