60's Comedy TV Series

There are 76 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 18,695 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I just received in the mail today from DeepDiscount (with free shipping) two seasons of Hogan's Heroes. Now that was a funny show. It got me thinking that we had favorites in comedy series in the 1960's. So this topic is about your favorite comedy series of the 1960's. I know that sometimes some series run into a decade change like Leave it to Beaver (1957-1963) and The Brady Bunch (1969-1974). I'll leave it up to you to choose that period.

So I guess I'll start out with Hogan's Heroes. What a very cleaver show and what great comedic timing. Bob Crane did such a great job in this show as Col. Robert Hogan. The rest of the cast were a great match as well. Werner Klemperer as Col. Wilhelm Klink and John Banner as Sergeant Hans Schultz. They were the best bumbling idiots I think I've ever seen. Then there are the partners in crime with Robert Clary, Richard Dawson, Ivan Dixon, and Larry Hovis. This is a series for all to see for generations to come.

All six seasons of the show are on DVD.

What are some of yours?

Cheers Hondo :cool: Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I was alway a big fan of Gilligans Island, The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Andy Griffith Show, and these are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are several more I can't recall right now.

Countdown to my 1000 posts...4 left!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• My favorites were Gilligan's Island (I'd take Marry Ann over Ginger any day) and Get Smart. Maxwell smart was always good for a few laughs with his "would you believe..." lines and "Missed it by that much!". I still use that line today using my best Max impression.:teeth_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Another one that I truly enjoyed as a child was Bewitched. Elizabeth Montgomery, Dick York and Agnus Moorehead were fantastic on the show. I liked the old Darrin better, and had a blast with Uncle Arthur (Paul Lynn). This was a classic from beginning to end.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Mike, glad to hear you liked Hogan's Heroes. I LOVE that show. Season 3, is especially good--Sgt Schultz stole that show. One eposied in season 3, that really sticks out to me is one in which a Zoo train (or something like that) was bombed out and all the animals were loose in the woods aroung Stalag 13. Sgt Carter was out on some job and came back with a friend--a chimp. This episode is one you will not stop laughing while watching it.

Sgt. Schultz: (holding the chimps hand in his right hand-not realizing it is a chimps hand) Schultz asks: "Col. Hogan, please tell me that I am holding LeBeaus hand" LeBeau steps out from behind Schultz frowning at Schultz. Absolutely hilarious! Anyway, I will have all six seasons of the show when my next order comes in from DDDvD.

Other 60's comedy's I liked:

Leave it to Beaver, The Munsters, My Favorite Martian, Gilligan's Island, The Beverly Hillbillies and some others I can't think of at this time.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Even though I am tired of it today, when I was a kid I really liked The Beverly Hillbillies. That show was so funny. I never saw John Wayne as the guest star or if I had I don't remember it. But Granny and Jed were so great. They were naturals and their acting ability was remarkable. They could deliver their lines and the reactions were timeless.

I was not a great fan of Jethro or Ellie Mae. They just didn't do good acting. But the rest of the cast was great.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote

• I will have all six seasons of the show when my next order comes in from DDDvD.

I am collecting the whole Hogan's Heroes series myself and have the first three seasons right now. I got seaon two and three from DDDVD for $16.82 apiece (with free shipping). It came in Firday, but I haven't seen too much of the shows yet. I am seeing seaon two on the first disc right now. I'll keep watching.

- John Wayne quote

• Even though I am tired of it today, when I was a kid I really liked The Beverly Hillbillies. That show was so funny. I never saw John Wayne as the guest star or if I had I don't remember it. But Granny and Jed were so great. They were naturals and their acting ability was remarkable. They could deliver their lines and the reactions were timeless.

I was not a great fan of Jethro or Ellie Mae. They just didn't do good acting. But the rest of the cast was great.

Well Hondo, if you wanna see John Wayne on The Beverly Hillbillies, the tune in to WGN Monday July 2 at 8:30 am and you can see Duke and granny together.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I cast my vote for McHales Navy. I was a Navy brat what can I say. Also liked Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C., poor Sgt Carter

"John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor,John Wayne is the United States of America."

• Well Hondo, if you wanna see John Wayne on The Beverly Hillbillies, the tune in to WGN Monday July 2 at 8:30 am and you can see Duke and granny together.

Is that Central Time? I'll have to set the VCR for that. I'll have to work. But thanks for the heads up on that.

Cheers :cool: Mike a.k.a. Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• Eastern time my friend (check out my last post on How's the Weather) and glad to be of assistance. He will be on the I Love Lucy show later this month on TVLand.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I am collecting the whole Hogan's Heroes series myself and have the first three seasons right now. I got seaon two and three from DDDVD for $16.82 apiece (with free shipping). It came in Firday, but I haven't seen too much of the shows yet. I am seeing seaon two on the first disc right now. I'll keep watching.

Damn Sam, you got those for $3.20 cents cheaper (each season) than I did when they were ordered just last Friday. I wonder if this just means that they are selling like hotcakes--and they have a huge sale going on or--if they are about to be taken off the shelves and no longer for sale? I noticed that when a movie is very popular there--that they lower the price on it--which is what happened to two I recently had ordered.

Season 2 was real good but, I was more impressed with season 3. Maybe it was because I have not rewatched season 2 yet? :-))

• Eastern time my friend (check out my last post on How's the Weather) and glad to be of assistance. He will be on the I Love Lucy show later this month on TVLand.

Well, I thought I'd just ask. Chicago is in the Central Time Zone, so better safe than not. I really like that I Love Lucy series with Duke. That's absolutely funny stuff.

- John Wayne quote

• Damn Sam, you got those for $3.20 cents cheaper (each season) than I did when they were ordered just last Friday. I wonder if this just means that they are selling like hotcakes--and they have a huge sale going on or . . . . . .

Carl,

I got them at DDDVD and I actually saved over $4.20 per DVD. I debated as to get the fourth season, but just couldn't afford to buy that one right now. I wish I did. I may not be able to get that good of a deal for a while.

But it was that 20% sale they had a couple of weeks ago. We talked about it and even gave everybody a discount code for the purchases. I saved over $8 on this deal. :ohmy:

Cheers :cool: Mike

- John Wayne quote

• Well, I thought I'd just ask. Chicago is in the Central Time Zone, so better safe than not. I really like that I Love Lucy series with Duke. That's absolutely funny stuff.

Hadn't thought about that. The website I get my info from said the times were all eastern.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Hi Mike, that was the same sale I tried to get but, my friend who buys them for me using his CC (since I don't have one--I just give him a money order) waited too long for the sale and wound up spending I think $22.00 more than he should have. I did a trade with him for these DvDs and my friend shafted himself on the deal. Does not want me to send the differance--but I did anyway. ;-))

• I wasn't born when I Love Lucy was on the air back in the 50's, so I didn't get to see the original shows. I do remember liking that show, but I did get to see The Lucy Show with Vivian Vance and Gale Gordon in the 60's.

Lucy was a Carmichael and Vivian Vance's character lived with her. Lucy had two children, a boy and a girl and Vivian had a son. It was a classic and I truly enjoyed that series. Later Vance left the show and so did the children, so she had Mr. Mooney and her friends to carry on the show. One of my favorites in the 60's.

- John Wayne quote

• I'm sorry, but the I Love Lucy show used to drive me crazy. Lucille Ball used to always get into these predicaments that would be make my skin crawl because they were so stupid. If you were watching these on reruns, it was day after day after day (not even a week between to recover). In my older age, I probably wouldn't find these as bad, but forty years ago, I wasn't so forgiving. But then again, I used to love the Three Stooges (and still do). Go figure!

• You guys have named some great shows from the sixties!

. . . good for a few laughs with his "would you believe..." lines and "Missed it by that much!". I still use that line today using my best Max impression.

Another favorite line from that show, that I still use occasionally, is "Sorry about that, Chief."

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I'm sorry, but the I Love Lucy show used to drive me crazy. Lucille Ball used to always get into these predicaments that would be make my skin crawl because they were so stupid. If you were watching these on reruns, it was day after day after day (not even a week between to recover). In my older age, I probably wouldn't find these as bad, but forty years ago, I wasn't so forgiving. But then again, I used to love the Three Stooges (and still do). Go figure!

(WHEW) I thought I was going to have to get on to you (when talking about the Three Stooges) but, glad I did not have to ;-)) The Three Stooges are tops in my book. Love those guys. :thumbs_up: