Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 143,452 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• You have to admit Texas almost pulled it out! If they had been clicking from the beginning, I don't think Tech would have had a chance.

Yes, I must admit the Horns almost did it. But you should admit that the Red Raiders completely outplayed the Horns for about two and a half quarters.

I personally hope Tech goes on and wins it all now.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• You know what's going to be interesting is the Big 12 championship fight.

Right now Tech is the only undefeated team in the Southern Division. Texas, OU and OSU have one defeat apiece. Tech still has to play OU and OSU so they could very possibly end up with one defeat. I see no team in the Northern Division that's good enough to beat any of the Four. So who's gonna end up as Big 12 champion?

• The team statistics, shown here , prove that UT was completely dominated in every category except scoring (I know, I know, that's the only stat that counts). Pay particular attention to the number of plays ran, total yardage, time of possession and first downs.

• I know I've been absent for a while, but How About Those Titans!!!!! The only NFL team undefeated, and not a team in the AFC with a better record than with 2 loses. I think that they beat the Packers, and the Bears, too. I'm not too impressed with the offense, but that defense is something else. Oh, by the way I was at the game in Nashville against the Packers. What a game!

No, GT, I am not interested in talking about Auburn. I don't expect too much from them at all, but your bulldogs are struggling as well, but not as bad as the tigers.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Any of you football fans watchin' that OU-Tech game tonight? OU looks absolutely awesome. They're playing like a #1 team tonight.

• Leach has some explaining to do on why his team just showed up and went though the motions. National title on the line and they play like that?

Talked with a Tech 91 Alumni 3 days ago. He was all excited about the upcoming game. Betcha he is taking some aspirin today after those lumps.

• Leach has some explaining to do on why his team just showed up and went though the motions. National title on the line and they play like that?

Talked with a Tech 91 Alumni 3 days ago. He was all excited about the upcoming game. Betcha he is taking some aspirin today after those lumps.

Sure didn't look like the team that beat Texas to move up to the #2 spot, did it?

Of course, the way OU's defense played last night, I doubt that any team in the country could have beat them. That defense looked of pro caliber. If the defense had played like that against Texas, OU would be sitting in the catbird seat right now.

• I got the same enjoyment seeing the Notre Dame score. I like Weiss, but despise the money capital of college football. If they won they may have gotten a bowl bid with a terrible record. Only Notre Dame.

• Hey Jay, I see your Horns are ranked ahead of my Sooners in the BCS poll but that OU is ahead of UT in the AP and Coaches polls.

You know, I can actually foresee the distinct possibility of a rematch. Should Alabama lose to Florida, then the powers-that-be in television sports may decide to throw them together again in a major bowl game, for the interest and big ad money it would generate.

There's precedent for it. In 1978, Nebraska beat OU in the regular season but they were rematched in the '79 Orange Bowl, which OU then won.

I imagine you watched the game the other evening. You may or may not agree but I submit to you that if OU had played in the UT game as well as they played the other night, they would have won. Their offense and defense were clicking on all cylinders.

• I hope Florida does not beat Bama. Saban may not be everyones favorite but Meyer is a primadonna. LSU went downhill quick. Not the SEC's year.
    Stoops and Brown are good level headed coaches. Should be a good game if they do a rematch. Tech though still only has 1 loss and should not be pushed out. That is the sad part about losing late.

• I agree, Jim, that your Okies looked awesome the other night and that Texas would have fallen under their overwhelming might the way they played against Tech. But, like they say, any team can beat another team if the conditions are right. I would certainly welcome a rematch.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• This could be an interesting year in college football, and I have no idea who will be playing in the championship. Even though Alabama is in the driver's seat, they will not make it there in January (no I am not talking about Auburn). We'll have to wait and see in the next two weeks.

I wouldn't be surprise if it is USC and Oklahoma!

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• What's Happen to LSU? They look like Auburn. They lost to Ole Miss and Arkansas the last two games. Boy has this game changed!

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote