Anyone read any good books lately?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,682 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• For my birthday, I received Duke, we're glad we knew you and it seems to have gotten me interested in reading again. Right now, I'm reading No One Here Gets Out Alive. So I'm just wondering what books you might be reading right now.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I am re reading The Life & Times of John Wayne Hardback Tribute Book. Good read fascinating little insights. The one glaring mistake after pointing out the falsehoods of John Wayne being oscar nominated for She Wore a Yellow Ribbon and Shepherd of The Hills is that it mentions an 3rd nomination for John Wayne for Chisum. It even repeats the mistake in the filmography!! I think it should be he heard of his nomination for True Grit while making Chisum Other than that well worth getting. They turn up on ebay all the time.

Photo of a recent one attached for information.

Mike

• I\m reading now Young Duke which was published for anneversary and which I picked up in Finland. Some photos are new, but I guess that there is nothing new in it, I write more when I finish it.
    Regards,
    Senta

• About all I have read lately is the following:

Berlin: Dance of Death, by Helmut Altner. It reads like a diary. This book was written by a youth who was forced into the German Army in the last 6 weeks of WWII. Was well written and very interesting.

Devils Guard: by George Robert Elford. Mostly, this book is about the French Foreign Legion in Indochina. This book is a rare and VERY expensive one and is the best book I have ever read.

Fiends of the Eastern Front: - which was a waste of time to read. This is a very fictional account of Rumanian soldiers turning into vampires and they go kill Russian Soldiers and then turn on their ""comrades.""

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The Patriot, by James Wesley Rawles

An interesting tale of several people who have worked together to create a survival group in preparation for "the end of the world as we know it" scenario. The economy goes south and all these people go west to their prearranged hideaway in the Rocky Mountains.

Interesting stories of the difficulties they have, and how they overcome them.

Chester :newyear: