Movie Review for ---> The Sundowners (1960)

There are 27 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 13,188 times. The latest Post () was by colkid60.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• would you believe it but i cant get a copy of this movie for love or money, its as scarse as hens teeth will keep looking hopefully i will find a copy before long

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• . . . before I spend any limited funds on a DvD copy.

Yeah, Ringo, we hear that!

With all the movies everybody's been recommending, we now have started an official "want-to-watch" list, that we will take with us to the video rental store, to see if it is available there first (if the cost of buying is more than I'd want to spend just to see).

And this title is at the top of the list.

Chester :newyear:

• would you believe it but i cant get a copy of this movie for love or money, its as scarse as hens teeth . . .

smokey, I'm sure we've asked this before, but what region are you for DVDs? OR . . . do you have an all-region DVD player? If you are region 1, Amazon UK has it available for 6.35 GBP. Eventually, I expect all of these will be available for download straight to our computers, for a fee of course.

• And here's a few more for ya ;-)) Hell To Eternity w/ Jeffrey Hunter, George Takai and David Janssen. This is a movie about a man who as a boy, grew up in rough circumstances-to later become a highly decorated Marine in WWII. This movie is about a person named: Guy Gabaldon-who was raised by a Japanese family when his Mother died when he was a young boy. He grows up and also speaks fluent Japanese. Guy's services to his country are turned down and he finally manages to get enlisted into the Marine Corps. During the war, Gabaldon earns the nickname of: The Pied Piper of Saipan. Guy lived there after the end of WWII-until his fairly recent passing away. It was also rumored that he was to be awarded the Medal of Honor. That awarding has not happened but, I sure wish he'd been awarded it for what he accomplished during the war.

I don't want to give it all away so i'll stop here. All I can say, is that this is an excellent movie.

Another film I highly suggest is: Alvarez Kelly-a Civil War Western w/ William Holden and Richard Widmark. This movie is one of my all-time most favorite of Widmark's movies.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Carl, thanks for those suggestions. I've added them to the new list! It's so easy to read something like this and forget about it, and weeks later it's REALLY forgotten, which I am now keeping this list for reference.

Sadly, that happens to me all the time :yeaahh: I wonder if I can blame any of that on all the different medications I take? :shades_smile:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• hi chester

we are region 4 down under am sorry to report that my dvd player is region 4 set up only to get an all region dvd pplayer is out of my pocket cost wise. is on my wish list of things that i would like to get when i get full time work

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I have seen the Sundowners, and liked it a lot. Robert Mitchum is another favorite of mine. Deborah Kerr and Dina Merrill added femininity to the picture. A well done picture.
    This whole site is getting sparse fro posts and I thought i would post here to bring this to the top of the pile.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower