What are you listening to?

There are 381 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 132,994 times. The latest Post () was by wtrayah.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

And he had this to say about John Wayne. Billy Idol sounds like a alright guy in my book.

Of his new song “John Wayne,” Idol says, “When I'm singing it, I'm thinking about the characters John Wayne played. They were usually men with a flaw in their character or something dark in their past they're trying to rise above before the end of the movie. So it's not about the kick-in-the-door John Wayne or the barroom fight John Wayne -- it's more the man who overcomes.”

I've got a friend who is a huge Billy Idol fan, and they sent me that song knowing I was a huge Duke fan, and I really like it, I don't like that much of his stuff, but I really like this one.

I'm currently listening to a Chris LeDoux mix CD I have in the stereo, up to Life Is A Highway at the moment.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• I don't know if anyone else does, but I like to listen to music when I'm on the computer.

I like to listen music when I'm on the computer, too, and YouTube has really expanded my horizons well beyond my CD collection to almost whatever my little heart desires. Of course, I have to interrupt my work more often to go pick a new song, but sometimes it's worth the trouble.

Tonight I am listening to Cass Elliot (aka Mama Cass, of the Mamas and the Papas. What a rich voice she had! My favorite song of hers? New World Coming, Move in a Little Closer Baby, and It's Getting Better.

It seems that some of my favorite artists died untimely deaths - Cass Elliot, Jim Croce, Karen Carpenter. Now, thanks to the internet, I can learn all kinds of things about them, long after they have died.

Sorry for the little ramble - it's an especially quiet night at home. Chester has fallen asleep, the teenagers are out for the evening, one son is at a friend's house overnight, and the grandson, who's been here for days, is back with his mom.

I am enjoying the music . . . and tooling around here.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Tonight I am listening to Cass Elliot (aka Mama Cass, of the Mamas and the Papas. What a rich voice she had! My favorite song of hers? New World Coming, Move in a Little Closer Baby, and It's Getting Better.

It seems that some of my favorite artists died untimely deaths - Cass Elliot, Jim Croce, Karen Carpenter. Now, thanks to the internet, I can learn all kinds of things about them, long after they have died.

Seems we share similar tastes, Sue. "New World Coming" is also my favorite by Mama Cass (I have it loaded on my computer and listen to it quite often). I also have two of Jim Croce's songs and three Carpenter's songs loaded. Like you, I thought they passed on far too early.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I am listening to Vern Gosdin Superhits (Do you Believe Me Now-Is it Raining At Your House-ect.) Also George Jones..... yes I am a olde soul in a not tooo old yet body.:smile:

I won't be wronged-I won"t be insulted-I won't be laid a hand on. :cowboy:

• listening to the England game on the radio while i am on the computer tonight

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• G N R were awesome. I am starting to hear rumblings again of the new album, "Chinese Democracy", that it might get released. Should be quit interesting to see why Axl break up one of the best bands in the buisness to make this album.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hasn't chinese democracy been on and off for about 10 years?
    I saw Guns N Roses twice when they came over to England in the 90's and they were awesome

• Yes, it keeps getting delayed. For no known reason. From what I have read and heard, Axl is a eccentric SOB and he basically drove out the original band members Slash, Duff, Matt Sorum, and Izzy. Steven Adler(original drummer) was kick out cause he couldn't kick the drugs, Izzy(original rythum guitar) quit because he couldn't take being around the band and all the drugs, Gilby Clark(took Izzy's place) left when all the other's left because Axl was basically a tyrannt. Dizzy is still with the band but he was brought in to play keyboards during the Use Your Illusion records, so I don't count him as original. Kind of said since they were so popular and seems Axl has messed up a good band. I hope this Album is worth it. One of the new songs is going to be in the new Rock Band video game coming out next month. The song is called "Shackler's Revenge". I have not heard it myself, so I cannot comment on it yet.

-John Wayne

• Yes, it keeps getting delayed. For no known reason. From what I have read and heard, Axl is a eccentric SOB and he basically drove out the original band members Slash, Duff, Matt Sorum, and Izzy. Steven Adler(original drummer) was kick out cause he couldn't kick the drugs, Izzy(original rythum guitar) quit because he couldn't take being around the band and all the drugs, Gilby Clark(took Izzy's place) left when all the other's left because Axl was basically a tyrannt. Dizzy is still with the band but he was brought in to play keyboards during the Use Your Illusion records, so I don't count him as original. Kind of said since they were so popular and seems Axl has messed up a good band. I hope this Album is worth it. One of the new songs is going to be in the new Rock Band video game coming out next month. The song is called "Shackler's Revenge". I have not heard it myself, so I cannot comment on it yet.

SXViper,great post there,have you heard any Velvet Revolver? Slash,Duff,Matt are in there and i've heard they fired the singer Scott someone.Do you think Axl would join them or has he burnt his bridges with Slash,Duff and Matt?
    cheers luckynedpepper

• SXViper,great post there,have you heard any Velvet Revolver? Slash,Duff,Matt are in there and i've heard they fired the singer Scott someone.Do you think Axl would join them or has he burnt his bridges with Slash,Duff and Matt?
    cheers luckynedpepper

Oh yeah, I have both Velvet Revolver albums. I liked the 1st one, Contraband more then the second one, Libertad. Yes and Scott Wieland quit or was kicked out, depending on who you believe. He is singing with his original band, Stone temple Pilots again. I never really cared for him anyways and I have to believe that they can find someone better to front the band.

I don't think you will see Axl and the original members get back together as there was alot of stuff going on and I don't think they can forgive each other. Look for a new singer to be announced for VR real soon. As far as I am concerned Slash is a class act and plays a awesome guitar.

-John Wayne

• Can't remember where I heard or read this from, but from what I understand, VR were in the middle of a concert and in between songs, Weiland tells the audience that they were a part of something special and he goes on to tell them that this is the last tour by VR. The rest of the members were completely caught off guard. Wouldn't you have loved to have been a fly on the wall backstage after that show was over?

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Can't remember where I heard or read this from, but from what I understand, VR were in the middle of a concert and in between songs, Weiland tells the audience that they were a part of something special and he goes on to tell them that this is the last tour by VR. The rest of the members were completely caught off guard. Wouldn't you have loved to have been a fly on the wall backstage after that show was over?

Yes i bet there were a few harsh words exchanged and probably a few punches as well.It would have been great to watch!!!!
    Listening to Dean Martin tonight as i'm chilling out + don't want anything too loud!!

• I forgot to post this earlier, but another statement Weiland said is that he thought Axl might not be the bad guy, so I'm sure there were many harsh words exchanged.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Axl to join VR?? Could that possibly happen?? I doubt it myself but stranger things have happened!!

• I heard the FBI arrested some bloke today who alledgedly put some tracks from Chinese Democracy onto the internet. I wonder if he will be sent down for that ?

• I doubt Axl will ever go to VR. If and I mean a BIG if they were to get back together I am sure they would all unite under the G n R name. It carries way more wieght then VR does.

Yes, they arrested that guy out in California and he should get whatever he has coming to him. There are more arrests coming though because someone from the inside had to of supplied the music to this person. The only other statement that I have abotu this is, can you blame anyone for wanting to hear music from "Chinese Democracy" ? It's been like 10-12 years that Axl has been working it. To me it's pathetic.

And as far as Weiland goes, he is just as goofy and eccentric as Axl was/still is??? He was trying to tick off the rest of the band because he had already decided that he was going back to STP(Stone Temple Pilots) and it would be much easier if he just acted like a jerk, which he did a first class job of. As you can tell I don't think very much of Weiland, I think he is actually worse then Axl and that is saying alot!!

And to get back to the theme of this thread. I have been listening to Dragonforce lately. If you have played Guitar Hero 3 you might have heard the song "Through the Fire and Flames". They have unbelievable guitar work on these albums. Its very fast, kind of a speed metal but there are great melodies in the music, so there is not this screaming/growling that goes with speed metal so many times. Check them out on MySpace or Youtube.

-John Wayne