What are you listening to?

There are 381 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 132,932 times. The latest Post () was by wtrayah.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The same "generation gap" that affects movie tastes also affects music tastes, Todd. I'm not denigrating your tastes in music because I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of "different strokes for different folks". It's just that I stopped listening to music after the early Seventies because hard rock and its' offshoots just ain't my thing. I've never even heard of the groups you name.

That's cool, alot of those bands were lost when the grudge rock of the 90's took over. There are very few 80's bands still making it by touring or even making albums, and doing it successfully.

My dad always like listening to music so I was brought up on 50's and 60's rock and country music. And you are right, different strokes for different folks.

By the way, I don't listen to music loud enough to make my ears bleed!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• SXViper,will you be getting Chinese Democracy when it comes out? What's the release date over there? I should imagine you will get it released before us in England.

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• SXViper,will you be getting Chinese Democracy when it comes out? What's the release date over there? I should imagine you will get it released before us in England.

Release date is Nov. 23rd. Will I be getting it?? I have heard a few songs off from it and so far I am not to impressed by it. I hate to say that ,but I really think the music will suffer without Slash contributing to it. The way I understood how they worked together was that Slash or even Duff would come up with a riff, and then Axl would hear it and then put some lyrics together. From the couple songs that I heard so far it sounds very "industrial", and Axl's voice and the guitars sound so "manipulated". Guess I will hold out hope and wait to hear more songs from the album.

-John Wayne

• Release date is Nov. 23rd. Will I be getting it?? I have heard a few songs off from it and so far I am not to impressed by it. I hate to say that ,but I really think the music will suffer without Slash contributing to it. The way I understood how they worked together was that Slash or even Duff would come up with a riff, and then Axl would hear it and then put some lyrics together. From the couple songs that I heard so far it sounds very "industrial", and Axl's voice and the guitars sound so "manipulated". Guess I will hold out hope and wait to hear more songs from the album.

It will have a tough job living up to all the hype and expectation.
    I don't think they will ever beat Appetite for Destruction especially without Slash,Duff,Izzy etc.I think i'll try to listen to a few songs before i decide to buy or not.Bought Contraband today off EBAY cost me £1 BARGAIN

• I just received my copy of AC/DC's latest, Black Ice. If you are a fan, it is highly recommend. I am enjoying this revival of bands from the 80's lately!!!

-John Wayne

• Here's what we're listening to right now!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

Hi Chester,
    I enjoyed this song just as country song.
    When i was a boy, i spent a lot of time listening to radio.
    and in 60's - 70's,it was time that having to buy the vinyl record
    when i grew a little more.
    It is wonderful that the musicians whom i heard well at that era
    are still active now.For instance, they are Neil Young, Carole King,
    John Fogerty(C.C.R.),The Rolling Stones,Paul McCartney,Elton John
    and more.
    So, i don't take an interest in today's music except country music.
    I like especially the female singers in modern country as Martina McBride,
    Deana Carter,Dixie Chicks, Sara Evans.....:wink_smile:

regards,Taka

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• I just received my copy of AC/DC's latest, Black Ice. If you are a fan, it is highly recommend. I am enjoying this revival of bands from the 80's lately!!!

SXviper,you will have to let us know your opinion of Black Ice as i am undecided about that or Chinese Democracy. If you don't mind of course
    cheers :wink_smile:

• SXviper,you will have to let us know your opinion of Black Ice as i am undecided about that or Chinese Democracy. If you don't mind of course

I think the new AC/DC cd is good. Its more like "Thunderstruck" and earlier. Just good old Angus riffs and Johnson vocals. I recommend it.

-John Wayne

• SXviper,you will have to let us know your opinion of Black Ice as i am undecided about that or Chinese Democracy. If you don't mind of course

I have this one as well and my opinion on this cd is that if you like any ac/dc cd's, then you should like this one as well. The one thing I will give to ac/dc is that they came up with a sound and all their music seems to have the same sound. Me personally, I like it. Rock on.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• just heard the single Chinese Democracy on the radio and i thought it was pretty good

• From what I heard tonight, the new cd will be out by the end of November.

As for me. I'm listening to The Eagles cd The Long Run.

Comes out Nov.23rd. Exclusively at Best Buy. The single has been playing on the radio for about a week now.

I have been playing Guitar Hero World Tour. There are so many great songs on this one. I don't even know where to begin. They even threw in a country song, On the Road again!!! I am a PGG or Plastic Guitar God!!!!

-John Wayne

• I listen to almost anything.
    Runrig ,the proclaimers a lot of brass band stuff because i play in one
    Cannae do Opera at all(sorry to all opera lovers out there):vomit:

• Comes out Nov.23rd. Exclusively at Best Buy. The single has been playing on the radio for about a week now.

I have been playing Guitar Hero World Tour. There are so many great songs on this one. I don't even know where to begin. They even threw in a country song, On the Road again!!! I am a PGG or Plastic Guitar God!!!!

Hey Viper. Are you slinging that long hair round and round as you play your plastic guitar? :wink_smile:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Hey Viper. Are you slinging that long hair round and round as you play your plastic guitar? :wink_smile:

I wish I had the hair!!!! I think I look more cool then I actually am. My famliy humors me!! I just unlocked "Crazy Train" by Ozzy!! Fun song to play on the PG....:hyper:

-John Wayne