A little gift from across the pond.

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,653 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I always here how British humour doesn't mix in other countries and vice versa, however I think this is a load of rubbish. If the material is good and genuinely funny it can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of Nationality.

The programme that I have posted here is an absolute gem called "Dads Army", its set in England and focuses on home guard regiment during the second world war and its efforts to thwart Hitler.

I must admit from the outset that I am and always have been a huge fan of this sitcom, and I will be very interested to here what others on here think of this programme. Its rated PG and its suitable for people of all ages.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Maybe he droped the Mc ... yeah maybe it stopped raining...

I love it...

I used to watch.. are you bing servered and faulty towers (I think thats what it was called) very funny stuff....

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Are You Being Served, I believe is one of the funniest shows ever to be screened on television, it's definitely the source of many double-entendre(sp?)

Dad's Army, and Fawlty Towers was good to, as well as Monty Python's.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• robbie

have always loved dads army very funny good laughs always had in our house when they were screened on telly. are you being served also a good laugh feast, my little bloke likes this one as well as he got to see it on mum and dads paytv channel

thanks for bringing them back into our lives again

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Are You Being Served, I believe is one of the funniest shows ever to be screened on television, it's definitely the source of many double-entendre(sp?)

Dad's Army, and Fawlty Towers was good to, as well as Monty Python's.

Brit-coms are beyond words, "AYBS?" is my all time favorite Brit-com and I would love to get the complete series on DVD.

• hi robbie dads army was a classic outside screens done at thetford not that far away from me all on dvd. May i suggest those from across the pond watch only fools and horses possibly the finest comedy ever made in this country although if you can get the worst week of my life you'll find this highly enjoyable indeed although the bbc refuse to bring either back bloody disgrace [ sorry ] mark

• I am please to learn that British humour is appreciated across the pond, this is something that is not widely known over here. It certainly reinforces my previous view that if its funny it will be enjoyed by people regardless of Nationality.

Regarding the cream of the crop of British humour I would nominate "Only Fools and Horses," "Fawlty Towers," "Dads Army," and "One Foot in the Grave".

One the other side of the pond however there are equally great comedies such as "The Simpsons," "Frasier," "Bewitched," and "Sabrina the Teenage Witch".

Regards
    Robbie

• Always loved "Are You Being Served?," "Yes, Minister," "Good Neighbors," etc. I'm a big fan of British humor (or humour as you folks across the pond spell it).
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi

If Only Fools And Horses ever comes to the States it is a must to see. The language might be difficult to understand with the rhyming slang etc, but some of the scenes are classic television seen on both sides of the Atlantic. The Chandelier episode is hillarious as is the bar scene.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Arthur

"Only Fools and Horses" is probably my favourite sitcom, I think it would be appreciated by Americans as well even if many of the jokes are very contemporay for that period and also quite English.

However the following episode ranks as an absolute classic, its called "A Touch of Glass" and I am sure many of you will enjoy it.

Part 1.
    Part 2.
    Part 3.

Regards
    Robbie

• Oh heck in for the penny in for the pound, here is another one of my all time favourite sitcoms called "One Foot In The Grave," I find it hilarious even though death is a constant theme within the overall series.

The episode below is titled "The Pit And The Pendulum,". The language is a little more colourful within this sitcom but there are no "F bombs" etc and its well worth a watching.

Part 1.
    Part 2.
    Part 3.

Regards
    Robbie

• thanks for that robbie really enjoyed it, espacially the ending where he kicks the clock had a good laugh

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"