Question for Chili Bill

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,127 times. The latest Post () was by Tbone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Chili Bill,

I have an aviation question for you that I wish I'd have thought of before I took my trip.

My question is, if I was flying from Tulsa to Las Vegas, would I go over the 26 Bar Ranch? Are there any land marks you could make out from that far up to let you know you were near by?

Thanks,

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Tbone,
    If you are flying from East to West to Las Vegas from Tulsa you most likely would fly to Albuquerque, New Mexico Vortac Nav. Aid, and as you start into Arizona you will See a Large Range of Mountains Called The White Mountains running South into Southern Arizona to your Left and this is where Duke's 26 Bar Ranch is at the North End of The White Mountains and you will be Very Close to Flying Right Over It .

Ask the Sterwardress to tell you when you start into Arizona. You might get Yourself a Map and Try to Follow Your Course over Northern Arizona, there is a Lot to See in a Very Short Time at 550 M.P.H.

Looking to the Right or North will be the Painted Desert and Monument Valley and by that time you should be Letting Down from over 30,000 Feet and on the Right Side you will See the Grand Canyon then on to Kingman, Arizona and on to Las Vegas.

Bill
    :cowboy:

• Bill,

I remember seeing the Grand Canyon and it's funny but as I was looking at one landscape feature, not realizing at first what I was looking at, I thought to myself "Man the Duke could have filmed down there." And I thought that maybe it was Monument Valley but wasn't sure.

Do you folks have snow out there right now? One range we flew over had snow in the top end and it was a bit before we got to Monument Valley and the Canyon.

Thanks again!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Tbone ,
    That was the White Mountains where Duke's 26 Bar Ranch is at and is what is called The High Country on the Ranch !
    :teeth_smile:
    The Main Ranch House is 7000 Feet Lower than the High Country and has No Snow now, but the High Country at 10,000 Feet still has Snow !
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• Wow! That is some beautiful country!

Maybe someday I can come out overland and stop by to say hi.

You have one of the best looking back yards in the country. :wink_smile:

Tbone