Tom Selleck Western Collection

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,419 times. The latest Post () was by Moonshine_Sally.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• For those of you who enjoy westerns (other than the Duke's films), I would strongly recommend the Tom Selleck Western Collection, which includes Last Stand at Sabre River / Monte Walsh ( a remake of the classic film with Lee Marvin and Jack Palance) and Crossfire Trail, an adaptation of a great Louis L'Amour book.

As much as I love(d) the Duke, I have to say that Tom Selleck makes a hell of a great western star. He's thoroughly believable as a cowboy right down to the big moustache that was so popular back in the late 19th century.

As far as modern day western stars go, I used to think that a fellow named Sam Elliot was as good as they come in westerns.

But Tom Selleck, IMO, gives him a run for his money.

If Selleck did nothing but westerns for the rest of his career, he could probably carve himself out quite a fan base for people like me who still love films of this genre..!!

Highly recommended box set - if you haven't seen any of these films, I would not hesitate to recommend them..!!

• I haven't seen Crossfire Trail yet but I am putting it on my Christmas list. The other 2, I have and have watched and like markgpl I am a Tom Selleck fan. I even have the moustache + goatee...ST...

• I have seen those films markgpl and I agree with you 100% about Tom Selleck! He's my other favourite western star other than Duke.

Hi Moonshine Sally:

Have you ever seen any of Sam Elliot's films i.e. Conagher / The Quick and The Dead and a few others whose names escape me right now.

He's another great western star - cut in the same mold as both the Duke and Tom Selleck..!!

• Im a Selleck fan as well. Have seen and liked: Quigley Down UNder, and at least one of his "Sacketts" movies (the one w/ Ben Johnson and Gene Evans. Selleck was also grat in movies like the one where he was a Police Sergeant who was hunting down (Kiss's) Gene Simmons-which was Runaway-I think? I liked him in other movies too.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I was looking at that collection myself but I picked up Duke's new "Big Trail" 2 disc set. It is on my short list, just need to save alittle non "gas" money. I too have liked Tom Selleck as a western star. I wish he would stop making those Stone detective movies and sink his teeth back into the west.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Moonshine Sally:

Have you ever seen any of Sam Elliot's films i.e. Conagher / The Quick and The Dead and a few others whose names escape me right now.

He's another great western star - cut in the same mold as both the Duke and Tom Selleck..!!

He is actually in my top 5 of great western stars, make the list complete with Gary Cooper and Jimmy Stewart. Duke and Tom are top of the list though :wink_smile: