Win one for us gun-toting Gippers!!!!

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,895 times. The latest Post () was by Stumpy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Today, the Supreme Court voted 5-to-4 some decisions about our 2nd Amendment-the one that lets us own firearms.

Justice Scalia, Chief Justice Roberts & Justices Kennedy and two others, made some very important rulings about this issue. Wayne LaPierre-the Exec Vice-Pres of the National Rifal Assn said something to the tune of: "Now Law-Abiding Americans can rightfully own firearms." Justice Scalia said something to the tune of: "Congress has not ratified the 2nd Amendment since 1791.

Anyway, the skinny of it all is, that the 2nd Amendment was made a bit stronger today-against the wishes of the likes of ruth bader ginsberg etc. This is round one, that we won and it's possible that if we keep winning these battles, that one day it might be possible to change soem of the laws restricting the average law-abiding citizen-the ability to own a machinegun. :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Another thing is that the National Rifle Association will be filing law-suits in Cities like San Francisco, Chicage and many of their subburbs-in order to be able to let those who want to legally own a handgun-can do so.

Another good benefit to this is that prices on some harder-to-get guns, might start falling and us gun-buyers will benefit from that too. Look at what happened when the ban was lifted on Assault Rifles and such.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The sad part is this should have never been put to the courts. We haven't heard the last of this issue, I promise you. What a bunch of idiots!

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I guess one benefit to this is that it reaffirms our rights to own and bear firearms. nancy pelose is probably having nightmares on hearing this news.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I know here in Arizona that most of Old Timers Never Leave Home With Out Their Trusted Fire Arms ! I Never Leave Home With Out My Colt Cobra Snubb Nosed Pistol !
    :wink_smile:

Sense they Passed the Concealed Weapon Law here in Arizona about 10 Years ago Crimes like Car Jacking and Assaults on the Streets have been cut in Half, after Several of Them Had Been Shot and Killed by the People that They Had Attacked !!!
    :teeth_smile:

Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Every single state that has passed a concealed carry law has seen a reduction in crimes against people. If the criminals even think they might meet an armed citizen who will blow them away, they forego committing such crimes.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Stumpy,
    Your are Right about the Bad Guys Not Wanting to Take on Anyone on the Street anymore where you can Pack Fire Arms, even The Little Old Ladys and Us Old Geesers !
    :glare:
    I help out on some of the Fire Arms Classes and some of the Old Men and Woman from the Eastern States are Afraid of the Weapons at first, and Can Not Hit The Broad Side Of The Barn from inside at First, But after a Few Days They Can Qualify and There is a Great Deference in the Way They Look at Fire Arms from that Time On !!!
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• Every single state that has passed a concealed carry law has seen a reduction in crimes against people. If the criminals even think they might meet an armed citizen who will blow them away, they forego committing such crimes.

That looks to be a good deterent! I don't have firearms myself, but see no problem with those that do (as long as they know how to use them). This certainly gives the bad guys a sense of Russian roulette and possibly makes them back off from their neferious thoughts.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• The down side to this vote that it was 5 to 4, It should have been 9 to 0.

There ain't a doubt in my military mind that Mike was right when he said we haven't heard the last of this issue. The gun controllers never give up. But as the old saying goes "they'll get my guns only when they pry 'em from my cold, dead hands".

What really blows me away is that, though what you say is undeniably true, you should have heard all the moaning on talk radio around here after the decision was announced. Like suddenly the streets would be swarming with guns in the hands of criminals. Duh!! That's who already have the guns! The criminals!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• What really blows me away is that, though what you say is undeniably true, you should have heard all the moaning on talk radio around here after the decision was announced. Like suddenly the streets would be swarming with guns in the hands of criminals. Duh!! That's who already have the guns! The criminals!

Mrs. C :angel1:

The operative words, Sue, are "around here".

I've always been surprised that good conservative folks like you and Jim settled in one of the most liberal areas of America. The area around San Fran follows closely behind Massachusetts and New York in left-wing ideology, from what I've read.