General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,160,901 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• RIP Ian! Could some of you tell me what was some of his work? I can't remember anything on the top of my head.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi

As a young man he played dithering roles, the innocent worker learning his way through management up against people like Peter Sellers playing a Red Union Shop Steward, or as an officer in the army with the platoon from hell, but he always won through in the end.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• oops, sorry for the double reply on this lady.

Also, I do know of Ian Carmichel. He at least to me, looked like he was very tall. I remember him in: The Colditz Story-along with Eric Portman and of course my other most favorite: Sir John Mills, and Theodo Bikel and a young Anton Differing.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Alexander Haig One Of Great U.S. Generals Past Away I beleave at 86 , and if you Don't Know who He Was You can Look It Up, or below is a little Info. On Him !!!
    Bill

Alexander Meigs Haig, Jr. (December 2, 1924- February 20, 2010) was a retired United States Army general who served as the United States Secretary of State under President Ronald Reagan and White House Chief of Staff under Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. In 1973 Haig served as Vice Chief of Staff of the Army, the number-two ranking officer in the Army. Haig served as the Supreme Allied Commander Europe, commanding all U.S. and NATO forces in Europe.
    Haig, a veteran of the Korean War and Vietnam War, is a recipient of the Distinguished Service Cross, the Silver Star with oak leaf cluster, and the Purple Heart.
    On February 20, 2010 news reports indicated that Haig passed away from an undisclosed illness.

• Hi

Also another great British actor Lionel Jeffries, acted in a number of war pictures including the Colditz Story and The Railway Children and was Dick Van Dyke's father in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I agree and another sad loss.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Rwest in Peace Lionel-and the Lady General.

I remember Lional Jeffries best in: The Colditz Story. What a sad loss he is.

Speaking of older UK actors-which great ones are left? I wonder if Harry Andrews is still living? I always liked him.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I saw on another site yesterday that actress-singer Kathryn Grayson has died at 88. She had the operatic voice and starred in on screen musicals like Showboat, Kiss Me Kate, Anchors Aweigh and, The Desert Song.

• I saw on another site yesterday that actress-singer Kathryn Grayson has died at 88. She had the operatic voice and starred in on screen musicals like Showboat, Kiss Me Kate, Anchors Aweigh and, The Desert Song.

I never did like that high-pitched soprano of a voice. She was a good-looking but not exceptionally beautiful woman.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Alexander Haig One Of Great U.S. Generals

Also another great British actor Lionel Jeffries,
    Arthur

I saw on another site yesterday that actress-singer Kathryn Grayson has died at 88.

Wow, been a busy day for the Grim Reaper, may they all rest in peace!

Chester

• I just read in todays paper that little known behind the scenes movie and television film composer,arranger and conductor Nathan Scott 94 years young died on feb.27th.
    A career of four-decades including the films of Roy Rogers and Gene Autry with Republic Pictures and many tv shows like Dragnet, Lassie, Rawhide,Wagon Train and Have Gun - Will Travel to name a few.
    His Duke connection is he composed the music for Wake of the Red Witch.
    RIP MR.SCOTT.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Thanks Bill, for that.
    R.I.P to a prolific composer of some of our favourite series.
    Wake Of The Wild Witch being his only Duke film,
    so didn't get included in the 'Composers Of The Saddle' forum.
    However we have at least recognized him now.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• the actor richard devon has died on the 26 of february.he played esteban in the comancheros with duke wayne.his career was mostely on televison in westerns.