General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,160,452 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Farewell, Ernest my friend! I have seen You in so many western, war and adventure movies and I NEVER will forget You playing the character of Santini in Airwolf!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• The world is a little sadder place for me now that Ernie has passed. He was one of my top ten favorite actors ever since I saw him playing Kirk Douglas' FATHER in "The Vikings"
    He kept popping up in old movies on TV - "Jubal", "Bad Day at Black Rock" and "Vera Cruz", and continued to grind out decent performances in current movies.
    "McHale" was funny in part because Ernie played it straight against Tim Conway, Joe Flynn and Bob Hastings. Ernie had been offered the role of McHale but was on the fence about it. An academy award winner didn't do TV back in 1961. As luck would have it, a kid came to his house selling candy and remarked that Ernie looked familiar. Ernie said he was James Arness. The kid told him Arness was in Gunsmoke. Ernie said he was really Richard Boone. The kid said that was Have gun Will Travel.
    The kid left, Ernie called the studio guy and said he'd do McHale. The honcho asked what changed his mind and Ernie said "Richard Boone".
    Ernie's performance as Dutch in "The Wild Bunch" 1969 is understated, complex and touching. It's my favorite performance of his. Watch his face as he watches his friend Pike Bishop riding alone into the desert after being humiliated by the Gorch brothers.
    Hopefully TCM will rerun their hour long interview with Ernie as a memorial. I think he was 93 at the time and was sharp as ever.
    I'll miss him but at least have the comfort of being able to watch his performances.
    Vaya con Dios!

• Rest in Peace Ernest, your loss hit hard. Ive been a lifeli=ong fan and one of the things ill remember you best in was as General Warden in The Dirty Dozen as was as in this role: Good Bye Ernie.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Loved your post, my friend. I learned a lot. Made me feel almost as if I knew him. You sure know a LOT about him. Thanks, KPKEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Thanks for the kind words.
    TCM has changed it's regular schedule and has an all day tribute to Ernie on 7/26/12.
    The Private Screenings which is only a couple years old is worth watching and/or taping. It's scheduled for 8 PM. Some of the titles are: "Pay or Die" - a real gem, "Torpedo Run", "Ice Station Zebra", "The Dirty Dozen", "Marty", "Here to Eternity" and "The Wild Bun.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Thanks for the kind words.
    TCM has changed it's regular schedule and has an all day tribute to Ernie on 7/26/12.
    The Private Screenings which is only a couple years old is worth watching and/or taping. It's scheduled for 8 PM. Some of the titles are: "Pay or Die" - a real gem, "Torpedo Run", "Ice Station Zebra", "The Dirty Dozen", "Marty", "Here to Eternity" and "The Wild Bun. We deal in lead, friend.

Thanks for the heads up, we don't have cable, but several friends do. :wink_smile:

Chester :newyear:

• Please clue me in as to "SLY" and "SAGE". Somehow or other these have totally gotten by me. As for "SLY"....all I can think of is Stallone.
    Thanks ahead of time. KPKEITH

• Well, thanks very much May2. You can sure tell how I keep up with the movie stars. Didn't even know Sly had a son. I have like Sly in many things....especially the Rockies. Sad for a father to lose a son. Thanks again, I will look, it up........no,I don't watch TV, LOL. KPKEITH