General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,166,087 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I remember him as a jet pilot in "Men of the Fighting Lady".
    Good jet fighter movie.
    R.I.P. Van Johnson.

regards,
    taka

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• Just to let you know that Turner Classic Movie channel (TCM) has their annual in memory of . . . . . to list those who are no longer with us. It is amazing how many they list that I know this year.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• Loved that movie and book, To Kill A Monkingbird. The direction was fantastic. Sorry to hear about Mr. Mulligan. May he rest in peace.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Thanks, Hondo, for sharing that TCM 2008 obit/tribute. I think I probably knew about half the names. One that flashed by pretty quickly, that I recognized, was Robert J. Anderson, who played the young George Bailey in It's A Wonderful Life (and an incidental part in The Bishop's Wife, which we just watched tonight).

Anyway, since we don't have cable, we would have never seen it otherwise, so thanks again!

Chester :newyear:

• Van Johnson appeared in many good movies. Don't forget Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo and A Guy Named Joe, High Barabee, In The Good Old Summertime, Two Girls and A Sailor, Romance Of Rosy Ridge, Last Time I Saw Paris.

• I just heard of her passing. I thought she was an excellent catwoman on that Batman series. She was also a great singer. Her birth was in South Carolina of a bi-racial parents which didn't sit well in the south back then, but being raised in New York she found the dance, and singing to take her through her life.

I also heard that she was once invited by the first lady to the White House under the Johnson administration. There was controversy when she shouted out to the first lady her objections of the Vietnam war.

I don't think Eartha and Duke had any connection to the screen to my knowledge.

I guess she was pretty quiet since those days. Now Eartha Kitt can rest in peace after 81 years of life.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote

• Rest in Peace Eartha Kitt and Van Johnson.

For Van Johnson: You were especially great as the 101st Airborne Div. Sgt.-Sgt Holly in: Battleground-great as the 2nd Lt. in: Go For Broke, great as the Pilot of The Ruptured Duck-in: Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo-and last but not least-also great in: A Guy Named Joe. Your passing greatly hurt.

Forgot to mention you were great opposite Bogie in: The Caine Mutiny.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited 2 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• The news said today that the 16 yr old son of actors John Travolta and Kelly Preston died after having a seizure, then falling and hitting his head on a bathtub. Such ashame to lose a child.

• My prayers and heartfelt condolences go out to John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston.There can be no greater pain than losing a child.

• The news said today that the 16 yr old son of actors John Travolta and Kelly Preston died after having a seizure, then falling and hitting his head on a bathtub. Such a shame to lose a child.

Yeah, I saw that on the internet news feed . . . very sad :cry2:, any time a parent loses a child.

Mrs. C :angel1: