General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,161,490 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• May she Rest in Peace. I just saw about 10 days ago, an original USO WWII pics of Bob Hope and Jerry Calonna on tour with Humphry Bogart and Jack Benny--for auction. I tried for them but there was a bidding war going on so I lost out on them BUt gained a nice original pic of Fieldmarshall Wilhelm Josef Franz Ritter von Leeb chatting with Ewald von Kleist as well as two other great shots.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• May she Rest in Peace. I just saw about 10 days ago, an original USO WWII pics of Bob Hope and Jerry Calonna on tour with Humphry Bogart and Jack Benny--for auction. I tried for them but there was a bidding war going on so I lost out on them BUt gained a nice original pic of Fieldmarshall Wilhelm Josef Franz Ritter von Leeb chatting with Ewald von Kleist as well as two other great shots.

Ironically, the other day, I was thinking about Bob Hope & Jerry Calonna and the USO Christmas shows. Then I read the news about Dolores Hope today. May she rest in peace. And "Thanks for the Memories"!!

• Ironically, the other day, I was thinking about Bob Hope & Jerry Calonna and the USO Christmas shows. Then I read the news about Dolores Hope today. May she rest in peace. And "Thanks for the Memories"!!

I always liked Calonna and the two pics I saw with he and Bob Hope doing a skit for some G.I.'s stationed Lord knows where? and these two pics went for about $50 or so each and the Bogart went by itself, for about $135.00

• Interesting tidbit,

Now that Dolores Hope has passed away, Bob Hope’s massive collection of WWII and Nazi memorabilia worth millions will be sold, and collectors are already licking their chops.

The collection has long been housed in a vault in Palm Springs, and it’s legendary among knowledgeable dealers. Hope was in Europe performing with the USO for years, and he was given many souvenirs by the allied forces at the end of WWII.

These included personal property confiscated from captured Nazis- – uniforms, medals, weapons, I.D.cards – even Hitler’s stationery. Some of the rare articles – like Hope’s Nazi decanter, were left behind in Hitler’s bunker after allied troops overran it.

Bob was certainly never a Nazi sympathizer, but he saw the historic value of the items he collected. Dolores didn’t want to deal with the valuable collection while she was alive even though Jesse James, among others, made attempts to buy it.

• Ive heard about his collection before by a friend of mine who owns 3 TV stations who has tried purchasing it before. Also, Clint Eastwood has a massive collection of WWII GERMAN Militaria. I met one of his "pickers" when I was in Goslar, Germany back in 2000. I bought about $600.00 worth of WWII GERMAN, militaria on that trip. Oh and, one thing, its NOT Nazi stuff, its GERMAN militaria. I collect WWI & WWI German Militaria myself ;-))