General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,163,594 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Maybe that was different Luke Askew? :wink_smile:

Chester :newyear:

No, that's just what happens when I don't pay attention.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Dick Clark just passed away-age of 82. He was the host of many shows including American Bandstand and something with Ed McMahon.

Rest in Peace.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Just heard about Dick Clark. He lived a way most of us would dream of. He has been sick a long time, so I am sure that he will rest in peace. Really loved him in the old American Bandstand shows back in the 60's and 70's.

Just sad to see them go.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• All those years on American Bandstand, all those years hosting the Rose Parade. R.I.P. Dick Clark.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Just heard about Dick Clark. He lived a way most of us would dream of. He has been sick a long time, so I am sure that he will rest in peace. Really loved him in the old American Bandstand shows back in the 60's and 70's.

Just sad to see them go.

Cheers :cool:

AMEN to that, he was a class act. I saw him once in person back in the early 1970s when he did something here in Corpus, I cant remember what? but he hosted some kind of a show or something. We came all the way from Kingsville just to see him,.

• Levon Helm, a great talent, now gone. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down is one of my favorite songs of all time. And the way Helm sang that song with that raw powerful voice is what made it a great song. I used to like the Joan Baez version until I heard Helm sing it. Did a helluva job on Cripple Creek, too. RIP, Levon. You will be missed.

• Rest in Peace to all of them. Also, one of the Gibbs is in a Coma last I heard and isnt looking good for him :(

Yeah, Karl, that's Robin Gibb. He's been ill for some time. Suffering from liver cancer, I think. Then he got pneumonia just recently before going comatose. His twin brother, Maurice, passed away a few years ago from cancer. And their younger brother Andy died yrs ago, drug overdose, I believe. With that, looks like only the oldest brother, Barry will be left.

• Yeah, Karl, that's Robin Gibb. He's been ill for some time. Suffering from liver cancer, I think. Then he got pneumonia just recently before going comatose. His twin brother, Maurice, passed away a few years ago from cancer. And their younger brother Andy died yrs ago, drug overdose, I believe. With that, looks like only the oldest brother, Barry will be left.

Thank you Jim. I couldnt think of his first name. I remember when the other two died. Shame to see such talent going. Robin is going the same way one of my brothers went-when I was away in College. They have the same "look" and even without the info-just looking at him you can easily see it :(