General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,162,478 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Andy Griffith was a very, very good actor. Take a look at a A Face In the Crowd or Hearts of the West.

http://news.yahoo.com/actor-an…tv-station-143143238.html

TCM Sets Andy Griffith Tribute For July 18

The network will remember his life and career with the Elia Kazan-directed A Face In The Crowd (1957) at 8 PM ET, followed by No Time For Sargeants (1958) at 10:15, Hearts Of The West (1975) at 12:30, and Onionhead (1958) at 2:15.

Tweet from Ron Howard:
    His pursuit of excellence and the joy he took in creating served generations & shaped my life. I'm forever grateful.

Edited 2 times, last by may2 ().

• I was just saying to someone VERY recently that Andy Griffith was still alive . . . only to hear this news this morning on the radio . . . so sad :cry2:.

I most recently saw him in this music video with Brad Paisley . . .
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

He sure kept busy, even into the 'Golden Years' and with several health problems, which he overcame . . .

I'll sure miss him . . . :cry2: . . .

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Rest in Peace Andy!!! IF Barney were saying this-he'd say it like this: Rest in Peace Ange.
    As ill remember him best..

Barn with Ange:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Seeing Andy go like he did only reminds me how much life is so important. He lived life to the fullest and the way he wanted to. I sensed he missed his old friend, Don and with the recent death of George "Goober" Lindsey, I think he was ready to go. It seemed important that he went his way. He died early this morning and buried before noon. I never heard of that in my life time, but that's what he wanted.

I admire this man with his down home way of life and his faith. He didn't wear it on his sleeve, he just lived it. Not perfect, but just simple. I never grow tired of the old Andy Griffith shows. That was life in the south, not just North Carolina, but the south. I also enjoyed him in No Time For Sergarents and the miniseries, Centenial. I didn't watch much TV during his time on Matlock, but so many liked him in that show as well.

Rest in Peace, Andy. We will miss you, but your shows will live on.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• so sad to hear about andy griffith a fine actor. is great in murder in coweta county with johnny cash.loved his tv series matlock and the andy griffith show.he will be missed.
    rest in peace andy

• Hi

The death was announced yesterday of Eric Sykes. Probaly not very well known in the States but one of the greatest comedians and scriptwriters of the twentieth century.
    His films appearances include Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines, Monte Carlo or Bust Harry Potter and the Goblet of Doom. He co wrote the Classic semi silent comedy The Plank and during the fifties worked with Peter Sellers Harry Secombe and Spike Milligan on the Goon Show.
    He was also apparently one of natures true Gentlemen

RIP Eric

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I just heard that Ernest Borgnine has passed away at the age of 95. Just incredible about all our heros and great actors. Anyway, one who may not been as big as John Wayne (who is), but one who I enjoyed very much. Marty was his big movie with an Oscar for best actor in a leading role.

From Here from Eternity was another great movie for him.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Thanks for the pictures, Hondo.

Ernest Borgnine was a well liked and consistant actor throughout his whole career. Rest in Peace, Ernest !

Chester :newyear:

• OH, I dearly loved him in Marty and a great many other movies. Last things I saw him in while researching were Wagon Train roles. He was superb as usual! He could always make me cry or laugh almost at the same time. Such a ripe old age he lived to. Hope his last years were great, because he surely deserved it.KPKEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Rest in Peace, Ernest. Whenever I hear your name, I always picture McHale's Navy. I always Loved that show.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "