General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,163,734 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Ralph Waite Died

Good Night Daddy.

The man who played the patriarch on CBS’ long-running series The Waltons has died. Ralph Waite was 86. He starred for nine seasons on the Depression-era drama as John Walton Sr., who eked out a living at the family lumber mill on Walton’s Mountain. He also directed more than a dozen episodes of the hourlong series, which ran from 1972-81 and was followed by a series of telefilms. He scored an Emmy nom for the role in 1978.

Waite’s acting credits date to the mid-1960s, appearing in TV series including Bonanza and N.Y.P.D. and later as slave ship mate Slater in the landmark miniseries Roots, a key supporting role that earned Waite his first Emmy nom. He also worked on the big screen, including roles in the classic films as Cool Hand Luke and Five Easy Pieces. After The Waltons, Waite worked regularly in TV and film. The White Plains, NY, native starred in the mid-’80s CBS drama The Mississippi and did arcs on Steven Bochco’s Murder One and HBO’s Carnivale. Most recently he recurred on Bones and as Mark Harmon’s father, Papa Gibbs, on NCIS. He also played Father Matt in nearly 100 episodes of Days Of Our Lives. He also appeared in episodes of Grey’s Anatomy, CSI, Cold Case and The Practice. His post-Waltons big screen credits include The Bodyguard and Cliffhanger.

He ran for Congress more than once. I think he lost to Sonny Bono.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/ralp...ons-papa-john/

• May2 -"He ran for Congress more than once. I think he lost to Sonny Bono"
    I know he ran after Sonny Bono died against Sonny's wife and he lost to her. I believe Ralph was running as a democrat. He was such a stable influence on the Walton's.
    I never saw him in another major role, but I know he worked alot.thanks for your post.

Shirley Temple was a beautiful woman, I liked her in Fort Apache. She had a good life after marrying Mr. Black.

After having about 25 number 139 posts, I wonder how many number 140's I will have? Already at least two.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

Edited 7 times, last by colkid60 ().

• yes i watch the show once inawhile on reruns.

• R.I.P. ‘Muppets’ Puppeteer John Henson

John Henson, son of the late Muppets creator Jim Henson, died Friday after suffering a sudden heart attack. He was 48. The Jim Henson Company confirmed his passing today on their official Facebook page. The youngest son of puppeteers Jim and Jane Henson, John Henson was a shareholder and board member of The Jim Henson Company and was a longtime puppeteer and craftsman in the family biz who performed in voice and body suit as the nine-foot tall ogre Sweetums for many years. His credits in the Sweetums character include Muppets pics Muppet Treasure Island, It’s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz among other films, specials, and shorts.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/0…ts-puppeteer-john-henson/