General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,176,185 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I recently learned of the passing of Sir Charles Mackerras last week. He was a noted classical conductor known for his interpretations of Czech composers - Dvorak, Janacek, etc.. Born in Australia, based in London, but frequently conducted the Czech Philharmonic as well as other Czech orchestras.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Euro-western star, Aldo Sambrell, 79, born in Spain, died July 10. Seen in "Fistful of Dollars", "For a Few Dollars More", "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", all with Clint Eastwood; "The Texican" with Audie Murphy

• My dad used to watch Mitch Miller every Monday night, I believe on NBC at 10 pm. And of course, back in those days, there was no such thing as having multiple tv's in your house. Probably lucky you had the one you did. So, it was watch Mitch Miller with my dad or go do something else. I watched and glad I did. It was a very good show and Millers way of doing all those old songs was quite entertaining.

• My parents used to have an album of his music. My favorite at that time was The Yellow Rose of Texas. Me and my brother used to make a fort like we saw in the movies, put the record on and marched around the table. Must've drove my mom nuts! RIP Mitch Miller

• Patricia Neal just passed away - she was 84, and grew up in Knoxville, TN - right by my hometown of Oak Ridge - and where I graduated from the University of Tennessee...

The Fort Sanders Hospital Rehabilitation Center bears her name. Rest in peace, Mary Stuart (Operation Pacific), and Nurse Maggie (In Harm's Way).

• I just watched In Harm's Way 2 days ago and thought to myself that she was still alive after all these years. Then I check here and find I was close to being wrong. She was good with Duke and I am sorry to hear she passed. Rest in peace, Patricia.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I concur with all your thoughts on Patricia Neal. One question I have though is she had a series of strokes at a young age, I believe she was 39 when the first one happened. Was In Harm's Way filmed before or after she had the strokes? If you watch the movie it is tough to tell if she did or didn't show some signs.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I concur with all your thoughts on Patricia Neal. One question I have though is she had a series of strokes at a young age, I believe she was 39 when the first one happened. Was In Harm's Way filmed before or after she had the strokes? If you watch the movie it is tough to tell if she did or didn't show some signs.

Todd this is from our profile

IMDb
    She had finished In Harm's Way (1965) and had begun work on7 Women when she suffered a series of paralyzing strokes. Neal went through years of rehabilitation and made a triumphant comeback as the mother of a returning war veteran in The Subject Was Roses (1968), earning another Best Actress nomination.

So it looks like it was just after she was with Duke

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().