General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,160,517 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Here's an article of an interview James Bacon did with John Wayne after Duke's open-heart surgery in US Magazine, June 27, 1978.

http://www.alljohnwayne.com/last.html

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for sharing that wonderful article! Bittersweet - almost exactly a year before he died, things sounded so hopeful. I suspect he was in far worse health than he let on; I know that last year wasn't easy.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• a good director,his best film bonnie and clyde.directed paul newman in his first western the left handed gun.directed the wired western little big man.rip arthur penn

• So sorry to hear about Tony Curtis's passing. What a great actor....so many fabulous movies. A legend that can never be replaced. Deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• Hi

Wow!! i thought he would go on forever
    Putting aside the last few years when it seemed to me he wasn't right in the head he still made some pretty good films

RIP

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I was a big fan of his & Roger Moore's TV series the Persuaders in the early 70s, but he was great in pretty much everything. I saw him about a year ago at a collector's show, and he DID look pretty bad, so it was just a matter of time. Sad nonetheless...

• I saw Tony Curtis twice at a distance. First time was the early 80s, in the Russian Tea Room in Manhattan. He looked like the Tony Curtis we all know from the movies -- handsome, dark head of curly hair. The second time was last April at the Turner Classic Movies festival, rolling by in his wheelchair, now-bald head covered by a cowboy hat. (I love it that his chosen headgear late in life was a cowboy hat!) He still was the coolest cat in the room. :)

Love you, Tony. RIP

• Two other films of his that I really liked were "Houdini" and "The Defiant Ones".

I think his very best production, though, was Jamie Lee. :laugh:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Spartacus, Some Like it Hot, Tara Bulba & The Vikings were my favourites. Great actor who left his mark

Director Arthur Penn also died on Wednesday. Mainly, known as director of Bonnie & Clyde went back to being theatre director after being disillusioned by film industry & actor egos.

• http://www.etonline.com/tv/101…en_J_Cannell_Passes_Away/

Stephen J. Cannell, the producer of iconic television shows such as "The A-Team," "21 Jump Street" and "The Rockford Files" has died. He was 69.

Cannell's family tells ET, "Stephen J. Cannell passed away at his home in Pasadena on Thursday evening due to complications associated with melanoma. He was surrounded by his family and loved ones.

"Aside from being a legendary television producer and prolific writer, Stephen was also a devoted husband, loving father and grandfather, and a loyal friend. Mr. Cannell is survived by his high school sweetheart and wife of 46 years, Marcia, their three children, Tawnia, Chelsea and Cody and three grandchildren. Stephen was the pillar of strength within his family and he touched everyone he met. He will be most deeply missed.

"The family asks that in lieu of flowers donations be made to the American Cancer Society or The International Dyslexia Association. Details regarding his memorial service will be released."

The prolific Emmy-winning producer was also the author of 16 novels. Having overcome dyslexia, he was a spokesperson on the condition and advocated on behalf of those with learning disabilities.