Does anyone here get this TV station?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,342 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I was wondering if anyone here gets a TV station called: American Life Network? The reason why I ask is because I think it's Tuesday evening that they play an episode of the TV series: Twelve O'Clock High-which is in-between episodes of: COMBAT. until a few weeks ago, I had never seen any episodes of Thelve O'Clock High. The first one I saw when I accidnetly stumbled across this station-featured William Shatner-in pre-Captain Kirk days-as that weeks guest star. Shatner was great as a B-17 Bomber Pilot-who was born in Germany but raised in the good 'ol USA-and he had to struggle with it while trying to do his job.

Also, I think it's Thursday evenings when they play more great shows from TV's past that I like-called: Voyage To the Bottom of the Sea-w/ an episode of: LAnd of the Giants, sandwiched in-between episodes.

Please let me know-best regards-C.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Sounds similar to a sub-channel we have here in Detroit, called RTN, Retro Television Network. It's a sub-channel of our local ABC affiliate and they show old tv shows all day and night. I don't have it anymore since I switched cable providers but, I know they showed Bonanza, Perry Mason, Cannon, Hawaii Five-O and many others.

• Sounds similar to a sub-channel we have here in Detroit, called RTN, Retro Television Network. It's a sub-channel of our local ABC affiliate and they show old tv shows all day and night. I don't have it anymore since I switched cable providers but, I know they showed Bonanza, Perry Mason, Cannon, Hawaii Five-O and many others.

Hi WaynamoJim, thanks for the reply. I also noticed that the Chicago TV station: WGN, also plays retro TV. I first noticed it a few months ago when they started playing WKRP in Cincinnatti. Man I forgot how much I liked that show. Darn shame it lasted I think only three years.

• Hey Ringo,

I happen to have both networks. When I pick up my digital box, I was given the American Life TV and I also happen to have the Retro Television Network on our local NBC affiliate. They both happen to be back to back on the channels. It is so good to see some of these great shows like, Adam 12, Dragnet, Emergency, Kojak, Magnium P.I., Batman, Wagon Train, Laredo, Time Tunnel, The Green Hornet, and much more.

This is a great network, and no I don't watch all those shows all the time. The one I try to watch everyday is Adam 12 and Dragnet. Those are my two favorites.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I'll have to check my Dish Network programming. I have never heard of these channels before. Thanks for bringing this back to the top Mike.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• We have the American Life TV and watching the old shows brings back such memories. I enjoy the cars and the times associated with them.
    The hard part is seeing an actor you enjoy and then realizing they are gone.

• I'll have to check my Dish Network programming. I have never heard of these channels before. Thanks for bringing this back to the top Mike.

Glad you find this thread interesting. I looked back a ways to find it, and wanted to respond.

We have the American Life TV and watching the old shows brings back such memories. I enjoy the cars and the times associated with them.
    The hard part is seeing an actor you enjoy and then realizing they are gone.

Amen, ShortGrub, and they did an excellent job with the shows back then. They don't make the good shows like they did back then.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Thank you all for your replies. Hondo-and or Shortgrub, if either of you could do me a favor and please tape or copy episodes of Twelve O'Clock High for me on DvD--i'd be greatly in debted to you & would like to make some sort of deal-to get what episodes I can. Please let me know at your convience if you think you can get me some episodes of Twelve O'Clock High for me. I thought the show was very well made and would like to get a nice handfull of episodes of that series if your willing?

I don't need any COMBAT episodes as I have the entire series on DvD-and no interest at all in The Rat Patrol.

Also, if your willing-I wouldn't mind getting some Green Hornet on DvD. I Don't need Time Tunnel as I have that series on DvD as well.

Thanks for your time=take care--C.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().