Ringo Kid update of sorts.

There are 323 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 61,449 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by SXViper@Sep 24 2005, 09:12 AM
    Actually I think Ringo probably is doing alright. The storm turned more north. Atleast that's what I am seeing from all the coverage.

[snapback]21612[/snapback]

You're right, Viper. Rita came ashore at 0230 this morning, just about on the Texas-Louisiana border. She had weakened to a Category 3 storm by that time but Cat 3 is still a pretty strong storm.

My oldest son lives in East Texas in Jacksonville, which is more or less in Rita's path but the one I was really worried about is a cousin who lives almost directly in her path and only a hundred miles or so inland. However, I called her this morning and she said she and her husband had moved further inland to Carthage, Texas and so far, were okay. The only thing that worried me was that they were in a motor home, which I'm sure is vulnerable to high winds. I told her I'd call her tomorrow morning to check on 'em.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Thank you Senta, Kilo, Todd, Jay, Smokey, Zack, Baby Sis, Chester & the Mrs, Emmanuel, Stumpy.

Senta (Vera), your words mean much to me, thank you. ;-))

Thank you Murray, I greatly appreciate that. :-))

Thank you Todd, and I think your prayers greatly helped.

Jay, i'm hoping that where you live that you all did not get anykind of damages? Oh and before I forget, that Borders Bookstore that we went to was located @ 11745 I-H 10 West.

Hi Smokey, thank you my dear. ;-)) Luckily I ddi not have to spend much for supplies. I bought 3 gallons of water (which i'm now drinking) and I spent about $22.00 on canned foods (soups, spaghettios, cookies and crackers) and a loaf of bread. All in all, I think I spent less than $40.00 for gas and supplies.

Zack, thank you and I do think we had GOD's protection. I give thanks for it daily. I sure wish that that tragedy of those 24 elderly people being killed on that bus had never happened. I am wondering if they were the only deaths from Hurricane Rita? I sure hope noone else had died. :(

Hi BabySis, thank you as well for the nice wishes. Also, and thankfully, my cats and her kittens are all OK. Bad thing is is that early Sat morning, someone stole one of the kittens. That is something that infuriates me to no end. The kitten has not yet been fully weaned either. :-(( Luckily my cat and the other kitten (which I am guarding) are still doing OK. My cat is brokenhearted (as I am) at the loss of one of her kittens.

Hello Chester & the Mrs, thank you and it sure feels great having two more wonderful people like you as friends. I do believe your prayers worked and thank you for them.

Thank you Emmanuel. Your thoughts and prayers greatly help and I am greatful to be able to call you a friend. :-))

Hi Stumpy, I sincerely hope all your relatives fared well. Mine rode part of Hurricane Allen out in a mobilehome. Needless to say, it was something I don't ever want to do again.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Folks -
    Let me join in with Carl in thanking all for their thoughts and prayers. Here in San Antonio, all we got was something of a breeze out of Rita and, being on the side where the hurricane's outflow was sinking, a lot of heat. <_<
    I feel for the people on the Texas - Louisiana border that got the direct impact of Rita, but am thankful the damage in Galveston and Houston wasn't as bad as expected. This is just one of nature's manifestations that all you can do is try to get out of the way and hope for the best!
    Cheers - Jay :mellow:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Thank you my friend. I'm still giving my daily thanks for the hurricane missing our area. Since I did not need to evacuate, it left me with some extra money to buy more Duke DvDs. ;-))

• Hi Carl,
    Good to see you posting again,
    and that it went by you!
    As you know, I went missing off-line,
    during all your worries.
    Enjoy those well deserved DVD's
    Speak to you soon,

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• ;-)) Thank you my friend and I am eagerly awaiting the incoming movies. Arg, I wish I could win a lottery so i can place an order for every movie released on DvD, that I want from DDDvD.com and get the waiting over-with.

Take care my friend and i'll try to be back here on Thursday. C.

• Hi Carl,
    Nice to hear from you again. Its a pity that you have all these problems with health. I wish you quick recovery. Your comments about Clementine is very interesting. I'm now trying to know more about Earp. Ordered some movies about him here. We are lucky that DvD and VHS here is quite cheap.
    Regards,
    Vera

• Hi Vera, its a pleasure to hear from you as well. Thank you for the nice words about my health. I think the worst problems will be completely over-with within the next year and a half. :)

You probably know as much about Wyatt Earp as I do ;-))

• Hi Vera,
    I think I mentioned before, but there are some really
    interesting web sites, relating to Wyatt Earp,
    including many photographs.
    If you can click on to a few, they
    give you a real insight, into his real life,

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Keith,
    I remember all your advises, but I only odered "Thumbstone" from our internet-store. I haven't find yet sites about Earp, but to say truth I didn't do much for their search (haven't enough time yet), but I shall certainly do that. Find only interesting article in russian about Doc Holiday.
    Thanks,
    Vera

Originally posted by Senta@Oct 6 2005, 11:29 PM
    Not yet. :rolleyes:

[snapback]21857[/snapback]

OK, i'll say I know more about Earp, but only cause I visited Tombstone, Arizona and Boothill when I was 15 ;-))

• Hi Vera,
    I am not sure if you have Google in Russia,or whatever is your search engine,
    but if you enter Wyatt Earp, there are lots of sites.

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Howdy folks, i'm saying this now in case I can't give you my regards and best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving later.

Anyway, HAPPY THANKSGIVING.</span></span></span></span>

Cheers, Rootbeers and best regards--C.

• Thank you, Ringo. I also add my good wishes to the group. May your Thanksgiving be a happy and safe one. Good family and good food. Can't beat that! :D

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi all,

I would also like wish everyone on the
    other side of the pond a,

THANKSGIVING!

I hope you all have a wonderful day in
    the company of family and friends.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Thanks Ringo and to all the others here. Have a great weekend or if in the US, a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne