Watch This.

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,051 times. The latest Post () was by William T Brooks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Robbie, Those are Film Clips from The Video "On Board With The Duke" and is on VHS Tape and I copied it to DVD, and some times you can find it on the Internet, I got my Copy about a year ago. It is One Hour long and is a Great Video of Duke and and His Boat "The Wild Goose" !
    :hyper:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• Is there any word of On Board with Duke ever being released on DVD. I have it on video which I transferred to DVD. Quality is fairly good but a proper DVD transfer would be nice.

• This is good to see, and I haven't seen it before. My guess to some of your questions, should be to look at the VHS and see who produced it, and check with them to see if they had released it on DVD or if they will. Someone always have the rights to all productions.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Robbie, Those are Film Clips from The Video "On Board With The Duke" and is on VHS Tape and I copied it to DVD, and some times you can find it on the Internet, I got my Copy about a year ago. It is One Hour long and is a Great Video of Duke and and His Boat "The Wild Goose" !
    :hyper:
    Bill

Thanks Bill, I kinda thouight it was,
    but I don't have a copy of it

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I HIGHLY recommend this video! It's excellent, and has received a fair amount of discussion in this thread. Robbie, do you remember me posting a real long time ago a picture of John Wayne, swimming I think, when he didn't have on his hair piece? I took a picture of our TV screen when we were playing this video.

GREAT find, Robbie! Thanks!

Chester :newyear:

• Just to remind us, this is from our,
    Duke's Documentaries thread

A film by Cark Sharon

A remarkable film that includes never seen before, home movies,
    rare photographs and interviews.
    It is about John Wayne, the private man,
    as only a few of his friends saw him,
    At play, exploring ports-of-call,
    from Alaska to Mexico, at home in Newport Beach,
    aboard his 136-foot former U.S. minesweeper,
    The Wild Goose

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Robbie,
    Another point, by clicking on the arrow to the right of the video that says
    " More From: johnburgardt", you can access a few more clips from the movie.
    This video On Board with the Duke is my favorite video about Duke. Here's a link to a post I made, after watching it for the first time.

As far as I know, On Board with the Duke is not currently being commercially produced or distributed, the only copies available are used, or what somebody has copied from the video to DVD. But for the true fan, it is worth looking for, and paying for (obviously, expect to pay more than for the average JW movie). It is currently available on Amazon(US), starting at $44 (for VHS, not DVD). I checked AmazonUK, and it is only available in book form at this time.

Chester :newyear:

• I agree with you, Jim. It is a very good film giving you a chance to see Duke at ease off the screen. It is a must have, if you can find it. It's not often that we can find something about or with Duke in it that we havn't seen before, being the fans we are. I highly recommend this one.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I Agree all the way with all of you, I like it just about The Best of all !
    :teeth_smile:
    And a few Years Back I Bought Five VHF Tapes on the the Net and then Put Them On DVD, and My "Go-Video Machine" made them Better Than The Tapes, and I gave them to the People that came to The Museum Last Summer !!!
    :wink_smile:
    Bill