There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,690 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I have now converted my three year old grandson into a true 'Duke Person!' Do you all remember the line and the charactor in Duke's Alamo -- It do? He was one of Crockett's men and his clasic response to almost everything was -- "It Do!" Rudy Robbins played this wonderful charactor. Any way to make a long story short, Friday night my wife and I were watching two of our grand children while their parents shopped for Christmas. During that time I started toying with Ethan (yes, due to my urging, named after Duke Wayne), and got him to start saying "It do!" I called a friend of mine in Texas who is, like myself, a student of the history of the Alamo and a big Duke fan! Everything Ethan said in responce to David was -- "It Do!" I had David laughing beyond belief:hyper:! It was great! Maybe we will nick name Ethan -- It do! W>

• Hi WConly,

That's a cute story. Now you need to teach your grandson to walk and talk like Duke...Then you could do a video of it and send it to America's Funniest Home Videos...Bet it would win, hands down....Before you know it children everywhere would want to know more about Duke and we could see his legend carried on forever.

Cindy

• i like that story - thats the way wconly, start them off young :teeth_smile:

it also got me thinking - what is everyones favourite duke phrase - mine is "not hardly" from big jake - makes me smile everytime i hear him say it

what about everyone else

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• wconly,

That is great to hear. We are all so familar with It do. We have a friend on the board named itdo, and he does ocassionally visit, he's not as active as he use to. But it is so good to hear that come up again.

"It do" gives us a warm feeling.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote