The new "Shadow"

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,496 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• from MTV news:
    Published by Casey Seijas on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 1:50 pm.
    Around 2007, rumors of a possible revamp of longtime pulp stalwart “The Shadow” began popping up around the message boards, fueled by veteran producer Michael Uslan’s insistence that this time around he’d be offering fans a take on the character that’s more true to his roots. Then, when word got out that Sam Raimi was onboard as a fellow producer, fans knew this vision of The Shadow would be vastly different from the 1994 offering.
    For those of you holding out hope that Uslan would stay true to his word about a new take on the character, you won’t be disappointed.
    “I think the one thing going in is we all see The Shadow as more of a force of nature than a specific person in a secret identity,” Uslan told MTV in an exclusive interview. “The Shadow may actually be many people.”
    “We’ve gone back to the pulp roots, the comic book roots of The Shadow, with a dash of the radio roots,” added Uslan. “But we’ve deeply ensconced ourselves in the world of pulps and comics.”
    Sounds cool to us, but that begged the question of when we’ll see this “Shadow” revamp hit the multiplex.
    “Sam [Raimi] and Josh Donen are my partners and we have it set up Sony, and a wonderful writer named Siavash Farahani who has worked for me before is writing the screenplay,” Uslan said. “It’s coming along great, we’re very excited about it. You know, it takes time to nurture these things. You probably know all the stories. The first ‘Batman’ film took me 10 years to get made.”

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Are we ready for this new franchise? I'm not sure it will be as effective as it has been in the past. Most of all will this series of The Shadow be more of an animated series through computerization? It would not interest me if that is direction it is going.

Just my take.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• (aaa)

I can live with this happening. I have a The Shadow Graphic Novel that I picked up about 20 years ago. Great book and great character:film:. (aaa)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..