Gone for a bit, but doing well

There are 16 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,115 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I just wanted to give you guys a quick update. I have been gone for a bit. No, its not anything bad. I still have a job at Big Blue, although the climate could use more sunshine within the walls. I have been really busy, snowmobiling!!! I took 2 trips with my buddies, here are some pics that I uploaded: http://www.dukewayne.com/album.php?albumid=24 .

My wife also finished her masters in nursing last year and she got a new job, well not a new place of employment, she still works at the Mayo Clinic. She just got a job for her degree, its fulltime, so its been a transistion for our house to have her working fulltime. It's been a good transition though, she loves her job and she is making good money. Kind of odd to say that in these times.

And one more thing, I will be gone again starting Wednesday the 11th. Our family is heading to Disney world for 5 days. So, once we get back from there I should have more pictures to share.

I am not sure how much I will be on in the future, but I just wanted everyone to know I am still alive and kicking!! See ya!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Great to hear from you Todd.
    Sounds like things are on the up,
    and congratulations to you wife on her degree and new job.

The snow pictures look real cool.
    and I must say you all look the part.

Good luck at Disney and don't get worn out.
    We have just returned from 7 days at Disneyland, Paris,
    and we all need a holiday now!

Look forward to hearing from you, and good luck

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Enjoy your trip, Todd. It's great to hear news that someone is doing BETTER in these times we live in. Whenever you can stop in, we'll be here.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Thanks Jay, Mark, Keith, and Arthur.

It hasn't quite hit us for the trip to Disney yet. We are starting packing tomorrow, it will probably kick in then.

I am going to miss snowmobiling though. I cannot wait to get back to riding again when we return.

-John Wayne

• I am going to miss snowmobiling though. I cannot wait to get back to riding again when we return.

Hey Todd, looks like "global warming" is doing you folks a number up there in Minnesota. :wink_smile::teeth_smile:

Glad to hear you and your family are doing well in this terrible recession we're having. A bit of advice from someone who's an excellent money manager though - please don't live beyond your means; put back a good nest egg for those rainy days. IMO, one of the main reasons we're having all these economic problems is that for many years, people have been spending like there's no tomorrow. And there's always tomorrows.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi Viper, just don't get too used to these warm temps we're having down here right now. Man it sure does feel good to be able to spend time outdoors in short sleeves and shorts. :wink_smile: Just messin' Todd. Here's to you having a safe trip and looking forward to your posts in the near future.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Hi Todd, glad to see your having some fun up there in theSub-Arctic. Yesterday I went out in the cold rain-for about an hours exercise-walk.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Well, I am back again. Been a long time away from the board. Things are still doing well for us. All the snow is gone and spring is starting to show here, although we are suppose to get a snow storm this weekend, atleast that is what they are saying. I hope to be back for along time as I was away longer then I expected. It was a very hectic month of March.

-John Wayne

• Hello Ringo, thanks. And glad to see you back as well. I was away in Atlanta last week for work, will be heading back there next month. Have been busy this week as well. Just got home from working at a bank. Thank god they cannot send screwdriver's over seas yet!!

-John Wayne