What I am doing today --- enjoying etc

There are 193 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 47,482 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• good on you both viper and hondo hope your moves take you both to where you want to be

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hey Hondo, good for you......

As far as my move goes, it will be awhile, we still have to sell our house and then build the new house. So it will be at the very least 6 months from now, Probably more like 8-10 months to be realistic.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hello All SX I hope it's August however October can be a nice start to a new home. Hope your stress is minimum and remember a beer on you with the crew every Friday for 1 ( happy ) Hour does good things for morale on site. ps the with as in with the crew is more important then the cold beer in a cooler with exactly two per worker ( crew only others bring their own. No food and mobile within an hour then -- no domestic reprecussions will ensue.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hello All SX I hope it's August however October can be a nice start to a new home. Hope your stress is minimum and remember a beer on you with the crew every Friday for 1 ( happy ) Hour does good things for morale on site. ps the with as in with the crew is more important then the cold beer in a cooler with exactly two per worker ( crew only others bring their own. No food and mobile within an hour then -- no domestic reprecussions will ensue.

That sounds like a great idea. Thanks Murray.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• i didnt enjoy it but it happened at work today i stabbed my self in the hand with a piece of plastic and i bleed like a stuck pig all that beautiful blue blood :wink_smile: going down the sink (i was washing up at the time)

cheers smokey

• Sorry to hear bout the plastic with attitude today was a public transit trek to a used bookstore that has a lot of books and is a very old ( for vancouver ) building with the 3 oldest. Hours passed and it was very cool to look at the books some over a hundred years old. Whole walls with shelves of books on one theme. I suppose a Chapters has that but this place exuded the mistique of yesterday and the alure of the future with as much current subject works to provide a grounded sense of balance. Yes I enjoy reading.

• Translation of last post Sorry bout plastic ( that stabbed Smokey ) and the " 3 oldest were offspring "

• Today I have a chance to be in the sun of a fine day. The oldest just returned from Argentina where she had been for 3 months and the 2nd oldest from Halifax where he had been for 4. Number 3 is headed to Ireland and Italy in a month and It appears our family canoe is running the rapids of young adults on the go. The dog and I move a little slower but we still get a bit done. Hope all the good members have something to smile about today murray

• Getting ready for the LOST finale and watching it tonight with some friends; kinda like a party of sorts.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Today, I have been enjoying the glorious weather, at the moment it's around 88 F here, and I love it !!!! Managed a great walk this morning, I have had a couple of minor surgical procedures done in the last few weeks( hence why I have been missing from here for a little while ! ), so I'm getting back into getting into shape !!! Sent letters to some friends in England, rarely use "snail mail " these days !!!

Planning my first "road trip " here in the States, a 4 day break to Niagra Falls, a place I have always wanted to visit !!!! So looking forward to it !!!

Now catching up with the goss on here !!!!

• watched sons basketball game tonight and enjoyed it they are still second on the leaders board and if they keep it up heading to the play offs they won 57-16

cheers smokey

• babysitting at the moment,playing indoor soccer tonight and will watch a few esp of crime stories and unsolved mysteries

• getting ready for another roster change and a new department at work i am now becoming a checkout chick am looking forward to the change, looks like sons team has made it into the playoffs. they payed badly this week, the singlets were left ot home and they had to wear the old ones with bibs over them, they boys think that is why they played so badly go figure

cheers smokey

• Hello all today is about cutting the lawn, walking the dog, thinking about the ribs that are marinating & soon headed to the bar b cue, listening to songs from the 30s to the 70s & life is good take care folks