What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 174,222 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just got email word from Amazon that two DVD(s) I had ordered are on the way. "The Bible" and the complete TV series of "Stoney Burke"

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Just bought for $10 bucks--season 1 of: Cheyenne w/ Clint Walker. Ive never seen the series before so im anticipating doing so.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The other day, bought the BBC production, Planet Earth, on Blu-ray. I remember seeing it a few years back on Discovery HD Theater and thought it was outstanding. This is the whole series, not a condensed version. It has 9 hrs for the series and another 7 hrs of bonus material. Originally sold for $70, got it on sale for $27 at Best Buy.

• Second season of the original "Maverick" with James Garner. Just got an email from Amazon that my pre-ordered copy is on the way. Can hardly wait.

• I scored huge at Wally World today. Just bought each for a sawbuck:

The first two seasons for: Magnum P.I.

Season 3, set 2 for: Voyage To the Bottom of the Sea.

Season 1 for: Bat Masterson.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Best Buy has all the Star Trek video stuff on sale, with the new movie coming out in a couple of weeks. I bought both the original Star Trek movie set and the Star Trek: The Next Generation movie set, both in Blu-ray. Paid $34.99 for the originals and $24.99 for the Next Generation ones. Was watching one last night, Star Trek: The Motion Picture and they advertised the original series from the 60's being available on Blu-ray. From what they showed, they look just fabulous on BD. And you have a choice of watching each episode in it's original form or in an enhanced form, in which some special effects are added. Both ways look great. Looks like a brand new series.

• I just bought The Sandlot on Blu-ray that also includes a DVD with that movie. A fun movie to watch and see on the greatest American past time, baseball and our youth. One I hope everyone has seen and will see again and again.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I'm a big fan of Duke and James Stewart and I love all the Western movies Garner made, thats what led me to Maverick, do you think it will be my kinda thing? Is it overly comical or is there some serious stuff in there aswell?

It's just typical "Maverick" fare, my friend. Some serious and some not so serious.