What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 174,196 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Allegheny Uprising is an excellent movie and came out the same year as Stagecoach did. I would easily give it a 10 of 10. Ive never seen the others cept for Big Jim Mclane-and I didnt care for it too much.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Had to amend your post slightly, inappropriate language!
    In answer to your question,
    you will NOT find the above movies anywhere near the same level
    as The Searchers etc.
    Obviously Duke has never made a 'bad' movie,
    but these are very much second and third tier!
    As The Ringo Kid said, Allegheny Uprising is an excellent movie
    and one of my favourites.
    Without Reservations, Big Jim McLain, and Trouble Along the Way on par, just OK
    Renunion in France and Tycoon, are very weak by Duke's standards,
    with Tycoon probably being in the 'one of Duke's worst movies' section

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 4 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Just bought: Ffolkes w/ Sir Roger Moore and James Mason as well as, Colditz, Escape of the Birmen with/ Doug McClure and I THINK, Richard Basehart? and The Desert Fox--again with James Mason (as GFM Erwin Johannes Eugen Rommel) and Richard Boone as an Aide.

• Looks like I'll be viewing the movies myself soon enough. The seller told me he'd ship the correct item tomorrow and let me keep the wrong box set I received. I guess that's fair enough.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Looks like a win, Hondo Apache. You'll get the movies you wanted, and now have others you may not have bought for some time that you can view at your leisure. Enjoy!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Seriously, this is the bargain of the year for me:

I can't believe I got this beautiful giftset of both The Searchers and Rio Bravo in their respective Ultimate Collector's Edition for just over 12 dollars plus shipping. It's an absolute steal! Two of the finest westerns ever made in a luxurious case, filled with both bonus features and other goodies for the fans of The Duke.

Anyone else own this set? Or the Ultimate Collector's Editions of the movies? It's too bad Iäm going away this weekend, I don't think I'll be able to watch them until next weekend since I'm too exhausted from work to watch them on the weekdays.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• The Warriors - Ultimate Director's Cut is my latest purchase. Fell in love with this movie when I watched it a couple of weeks ago for the first time.

Is this the one about all those street gangs in New York? and with Michael beck in it? If so? thhat is a good movie.

"Warriors, come out and plaaayyyy warriors."

• Indeed it is. I love it.

Many thanks and I agree, its agreat movie. I THINK they remade it if im not mistaken? Either that or im thinking of Assault on Precinct 13. Ive always liked Michael Beck and thought he was great in the film.

• Bought the Blu-ray edition of Ben-Hur today. I got the big box copy. It comes in a nice box along with a book about the movie, a copy of a journal that Charlton Heston kept while making it and a figurine of a Roman soldier. The movie itself is on 2 discs and the picture is fabulous. A third disc also comes with it and has some documentaries on it about the movie. I got it at Best Buy for $59.99. I thought about just getting it in the regular Blu-ray form that also has a dvd copy with it, but it didn't any of the special features on it like the big box version.

• Bought the Blu-ray edition of Ben-Hur today. I got the big box copy. It comes in a nice box along with a book about the movie, a copy of a journal that Charlton Heston kept while making it and a figurine of a Roman soldier. The movie itself is on 2 discs and the picture is fabulous. A third disc also comes with it and has some documentaries on it about the movie. I got it at Best Buy for $59.99. I thought about just getting it in the regular Blu-ray form that also has a dvd copy with it, but it didn't any of the special features on it like the big box version.

That's a beautiful edition, I'm definitely getting it one of these days.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• For Christmas, I received a collectors set of the TV show "Colombo", all the later years for TV movies. I didn't actually buy them, but someone near and dear to me did. :wink_smile:

Chester :newyear:

I saw them listed for sale and thought about buying the set. ;-)) Peter Falk sure was great as the Detective. I'll miss he and his famous line: "Oh and one more thing."

• "The Comancheros" collector's edition Blu Ray was a Christmas gift. Words can't describe the improvement in picture quality, color and depth of field. There is no way I'm going to replace my dvd collection with this format, but this one is, well, a lulu.

We deal in lead, friend.