What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 175,367 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I think this forum has had a serious affect on my viewing habits!
    Never had so many westerns to watch! :wink_smile:

Heh heh, im currently doing "your thing" but with War Movies. Im about to get 2 more Westerns in though--both with Gary Cooper and one War Movie in w/ Robert Stack. Looking forwards to their arrivals.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Been on bit of a spree, picked up some Sonny Chiba, Jackie Chan, Godzilla, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Sly Stallone, Connery and JCVD.

Got a ridiculous amount for not much more than 65 bucks.

That's a real action fest you got going there! Enjoy

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Been on bit of a spree, picked up some Sonny Chiba, Jackie Chan, Godzilla, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Sly Stallone, Connery and JCVD.

How did you get all of these for that price? was it a five finger discount? :lol::lol::lol: Just kidding on that but not a bad score.

Any chance you could mention where you found such a deal? Were these DVD's or VHS? :wink_smile:

Chester :newyear:

• Any chance you could mention where you found such a deal? Were these DVD's or VHS? :wink_smile:

It was a multitude of sites, a little here, a little there. But if you wish here are the sites I used. I forgot to mention that most of them were used. For your convenience, all sites are linked just click on the name.

fye.com - Periodically, they great deals on their used stuff. Free shipping on orders over $30

gohastings.com - .96 cents shipping per DVD/CD

amazon.com - I love their marketplace

oldies.com - Currently they have a clearance section of DVD's $2.98 or less
    Also offer a flat rate shipping fee

secondspin.com - As the name suggests, they are a used site but they do occasionally have deals that cat not be beat. Also they have a flat rate shipping fee.

I have used all of these sites numerous times and have had no problems with at all.

• Well, Thank You for sharing these sites with us, as I suspect many will follow your lead.

No problemo, if it helps with peoples Christmas shopping or gift buying then it was worth the time. Although I don't think I need to add this, don't forget to factor in shipping when seeing which site has the better deal.

Shipping times are anywhere from 2 days all the way up to 9 days at least for me here in Idaho.

I just now saw these other responses, sorry for the delayed response.

That's a real action fest you got going there! Enjoy

I love action movies, and I love collecting movies..... my big problem is if I like an actor I just gotta get them all :embaressed_smile:. So you will find almost the the complete works of the likes of Roy Rogers, Lundgren and etc.

How did you get all of these for that price? was it a five finger discount? :lol::lol::lol: Just kidding on that but not a bad score.

:embaressed_smile:. seriously though I have had my eyes on these titles for quite a while, and when the price was right I struck with a vengeance and easily saved 100 dollars on just three titles.
    Downside is, now a few of those titles are regularly below the 10 dollar range I have limited myself to.

• Heh heh, so it was a legal 5 finger discount ;-)) Ill be trying those sites for deals for sure.

• Yo, I think many on this page have given dddvd the Heave Ho.

I have. I lost patience with them and the last person I dealt with was rude. I especially cannot stand a so called manager by the name of brian-hes a punk kid.

• Used to be that Deep Discount was my main source for DVD's. free shipping on every order, and awesome prices. Then they had to go and price themselves out of competition. Now they aren't even in the same league as the sites I listed above.

They were for years my only source-except on rare occasions when i bought from walmart. They used to have the best prices I saw from any source but-apparently they sold out to some greedy new owners a few years ago and all the good bargains ended. I might as well as just order from the studios themselves.

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• Here are my latest four:

1) Quantrills Raiders w/ Steve Cochran. Its a Civil War War Movie. Ive been buying movies as of late that have Steve Cochran in them. I started liking him after I saw him portray (unofficially) S.Sgt Pool in: The Tanks Are Coming.

2) Advance To the Rear w/ Glenn Ford. A Civil War--war movie/comedy. I havent seen this in several dogs ages and am looking forward to seeing it.

3) A Force Of Arms w/ William Holden and Gene Evans. This is a WWII War Movie depicting those who served in the 36th (Texas) Infantry Division in WWII. They were nicknamed: The T-Patchers. Im particularly looking forward to seeing this one so im HOPING it aint full of romance garbage.

4) Breakthrough w/ John Agar and Frank Lovejoy. This is another WWII War movie.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• I got the Blu-ray version of The Cowboys, The Green Berets and The Searchers all in one set. And all 3 were only $15.00 at Walmart.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I got the Blu-ray version of The Cowboys, The Green Berets and The Searchers all in one set. And all 3 were only $15.00 at Walmart.

Mark

That's a great price. I think I'll go out and get my copies. What a deal! Oh, wait a minute. Darn! I already have those copies on Blu-ray. Man, am I a day late and a dollar short.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I got the Blu-ray version of The Cowboys, The Green Berets and The Searchers all in one set. And all 3 were only $15.00 at Walmart. Mark

That price seems unbelievably low, considering Blu-ray prices in the past.
    Maybe I will consider upgrading our several hundred item DVD collection.
    :ohwell:

• That price seems unbelievably low, considering Blu-ray prices in the past.
    Maybe I will consider upgrading our several hundred item DVD collection.
    :ohwell:

Just remember Chester, you don't need to replace everything! Some films are not out on Blu ray and others don't look substantially better. You'll still be able to play your DVDs on a Blu ray player with the added bonus of your old DVDs being upscaled to 1080.

Main thing to remember if you don't have a 1080p tv you won't notice the difference anyhow so the tv is the first thing to check.:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"