Who Played the Worst Cowboy, and What Was The Worst Western

There are 112 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 33,900 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Arthur, thanks to you, just spurred me
    to make another search,to find that thread.
    I found it and there was also
    Who Played The Worse Cowboy
    and as they all overlap, for continuity merged them all into this one thread.

Here is my original post just to confirm my choice, and indeed also yours!

James Cagney, takes some beating!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 11 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• I watched "Shiloh Falls" the other night on DVD. It was made by London Films starring mostly English actors with American accents. If that wasn't bad enough, what started out as a father and son trying to catch a pack of murdering thieves turned into aliens possessing outlaws through some old Indian artifact. Just a plain horrible movie. Don't watch it.

• I don’t know….as a, let’s say, vertically challenged cowboy myself, I always liked to see people like Cagney, (and Alan Ladd and especially Audie Murphy) in Westerns! Shorter guys either have to get tough or be pushed around! So, from personal experience, I completely buy Cagney as a tough cowboy!!!!:laugh:

Sorry!

All silliness aside, one of the recent movies that goes on my list of worst westerns is "Seraphim Falls". Two very good actors in a really bad movie (IMO of course). That one was a big disappointment.

• I'll give another vote for Shalako to go on a list of the worst westerns!

And I would add to the list Tall T, with Randolph Scott - I just hated that movie! Stupid plot; among other things it was annoying to see Scott's character getting romantically involved with a newlywed (and just as annoying to see her getting romantically involved with anyone but her new husband). Terrible!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Has anyone mentioned:

"The Legend Of The Lone Ranger" (1981)
    with
    Klinton Spilsbury

That's right, he never made a movie before this and never made a movie after it.
    Why?...Because he truly sucked in it.

Also his voice was dubbed, and they sued Clayton Moore to stop making appearances wearing the traditional Lone Ranger garb.

Anyway.... on an unrelated note, anyone excited for the new Lone Ranger movie due out next year?

• The actor who played Tonto ( Michael Horse)and native american did not know how to ride a horse. Thats irony.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• one of the recent movies that goes on my list of worst westerns is "Seraphim Falls". Two very good actors in a really bad movie (IMO of course).

I'll second that motion ten thousand percent, especially the really bad movie part.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Tommy Lee Jones in THE MISSING.

Feminist revisionism delivered by men for the paycheck. This psychological and emotional deconstruction and emasculation of the male and of the western genre pissed me off.

I'd like to slap Tommy Lee Jones upside the head for lending himself to it.

Richard

[CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

• THE worst Western of all time HAS got to be White Apache? I think its called with William Shatner playing the two brothers-one white-the other Indian.

The 2nd worst western is: A Town Called Hell-inspite of a good cast.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..