John Wayne Paul McCartney 1970

There are 15 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,487 times. The latest Post () was by falc04.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• It's fun to see the humorous side of John Wayne. That clip was great. I thought that Paul's speach at the end was a little long in the tooth, though. :))):

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Great clip, thanks for posting.
    Don't know about you Jim and Mark, thought it was a little staged,
    and most of it awkward!!
    Duke seemed ill at ease, and Williams a little lost!
    Some parts of it just didn't come across!!!
    Thought McCartney could have at least said something!!!
    but then again, Lennon was the brains!!!
    IMO

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• John Wayne and Paul McCartney,Surprising combination!
    Tahnks for posting,Jim.
    and Japanese subtitles helped me.

Taka

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

Edited once, last by H.sanada ().

• Well dog my cat, I never knew about Duke and McCartney sharing the stage even for a brief moment!! Thanks so much!

• Well dog my cat, I never knew about Duke and McCartney sharing the stage even for a brief moment!! Thanks so much!

weird but enjoyable. never crossed my mind the thought of paul mcCartney and john wayne on the same stage together. how young did he look there as well (paul mcCartney that is)

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• this wasn't the first time Duke had presented a major award either that would be when he presented Joanne Woodward the best actress oscar in 1958 which I think I posted that video in here before didn't I and even said it was sweet how he hugged her as she was coming up to the stage almost trying to comfort her for what hse and paul had gone through weeks earlier losing their first child

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• "True Grite??" OK, Cue card gaffes aside, couldn't Andy Williams have paid a bit more attention during rehearsal??

It was fun to see, though. Duke was always blesseed with a comedic sense of timing, and he showed it on I Love Lucy and her later show, plus his guest spots on his pal Dean Martin's show that ran through from the mid 60's through the mid 70's.

It was obviously not as good as it could have been, but it does my heart good to see JW in these clips!!

• Paul McCartney's appearance is extremely brief, at the end, but there are some funny moments on the way, in something we'd not seen before, and thought y'all would enjoy.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Awesome! Duke is hilarious!