I need help contacting IMDb officials

There are 13 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,598 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• OK - here's the deal: As some of you know, I post a fair amount on the John Wayne message board on IMDb, among a few others, and in the last few days, a VERY abusive troll has been posting some really ugly stuff.

Now, free speech is one thing, but this isn't it, and I refuse to engage him (as does everyone else), because he's just trying to get someone to do exactly that.

When a post gets deleted, he adds 4 or 5 more of the same in the deleted post's place. He also posts really vile, inappropriate things on the Miley Cyrus board, and does the same posting routine.

The thing is this: he's holding the boards hostage, and for some reason, IMDb is not deleting him as they normally would. Believe me, I've seen posts and complete profiles deleted for MUCH less. It's not about putting him on ignore, because new posters need to feel free to express themselves, and he has as many as 14 posts at a time on the JW board...

I've tried the normal route, but does anyone know of a sure-fire method of reahing an administrator??? Please advise!

• As for more people reporting it, I would agree...

Something is really weird about this person's posts, and why they aren't being deleted...

Linda makes me wonder if they're not an administrator themselves...and no, I'm not kidding. It happens all the time on IMDb, as they do it to try to create a "buzz" so folks will post an opposing opinion, thereby driving more traffic to IMDb...

• Here's a start...

IMDb.com, Inc. Legal Dept, PO Box 81226 Seattle, WA 98108 US

I'll keep looking.. ok found some more...

Here's a phone number...
    206-266-4064

This is the email they have attached to their domain name account:
    [email protected]

They are owned by Amazon, so you might want to look there too... hope this helps...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

Edited 2 times, last by erthomp143 ().

• Well I started with whois and just followed the trail from there... You know a little google and a little of this and that...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• We've had this problem mentioned before, with our member Robbie
    particulally annoyed about it all.
    You have made the correct descision not to get involved.
    My advice is, that the only way to beat nuts like this,
    is to not to participate, as without an audience his fuction is useless.
    Stay away from their message board, and stay with the good guys, on here!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thanks, erthomp143! I have no trouble using google, or any other search engine, usually. It's just that the maze of message board "run around" they put you through to get to them was unacceptable in this situation.

When I checked awhile ago, they had finally deleted the offensive posts.

As for engaging idiots, I rarely do, as going into a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent is just not sporting!! ;)

I like being able to share info there (IMDb) on a variety of topics, sharing info (and educating folks), and making friends, but I can truthfully say that this place is "one of a kind!"

• It seems that when a site has this kind of disruption and does nothing about it, it loses it credibility. I don't use any of the blogs at imbd. I use the information on the movies only. I just don't find them credible in my research. There are many other places to find what you need and if the monitors can not take care of the issues, they will lose people. With the Robbie incident in the past, I just don't get involved. That is why we are so successful here. With Ethan, Chester (....and the Mrs.), Arthur here, we have tried to keep this place friendly to the eye and heart. That is what's it about.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Well, if it weren't for a very friendly fellow on the JW message boards on IMDb, I might never have found THIS site!!

I don't spend a lot of time on the boards on IMDb, and I'm very cautious of their trivia and info, as it's not any more reliable than wikipedia, usually.

Having said that, I WILL point out that I've made lots of friends there (as I have here!), and the sharing of knowledge and useful movie data on the boards has far outweighed the occassional troll (which I usually ignore or report anyway) I may encounter.

This one lone troll encounter went above and beyong anything I've ever run into, unfortunately. It was obviously someone that they were simply not prepared for, and it wasn't limited to JW, as I indicated before. He attacked Miley Cyrus in a very vile and vulgar manner. This was something that IMDb DID address, as it was not at all acceptable.

I will say that it's important to be able to have discussions - even when there are disagreements - as long as they don't get out of control. We have folks on THIS site who have issues with other folks from time to time, but for the most part, it stays within the proper limits of good taste and civility.

That's because we're all here because we love and repect John Wayne - the man AND his work.