Are there Cowboys in us all?

There are 23 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,144 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Many of us speak of growing up with westerns,
    whether watching TV or at the Saturday matinees!
    We all have memories and photographs of those magical times,
    here's mine, bearing in mind, this is the industrial, bleak,
    Midlands of England , in the early '60's, but watch out Duke!

Just to finish with the Americana,
    on the floor, is a die cast model of a Buick!

The dog, is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, called Mick,
    lovely dog, but not with others!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 6 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Keith great photo. You look like a young two gun Tom Mix. I had one photo taken in western garb on horse back at about age three. I look like a unsmiling grump. They woke me up from my nap. Somethings never change.Sixty years later wake me up from my nap and i,am still a grump,. I wonder if I can find that photo?:cowboy:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

Edited once, last by BILL OF PA ().

• Great photo, Keith. Knowing your musical talents, did you ever dream of being a singing cowboy back then? :wink_smile:

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Great photo, Keith. Knowing your musical talents, did you ever dream of being a singing cowboy back then? :wink_smile:

Mark, thanks,
    I did used to make up little tunes even then,
    but no ambitions at that time of being a singing cowboy!
    Although of course I had a weekly Saturday morning,
    watching Gene, Roy and Duke!

Keith great photo. You look like a young two gun Tom Mix. I had one photo taken in western garb on horse back at about age three. I look like a unsmiling grump. They woke me up from my nap. Somethings never change.Sixty years latter wake me up from my nap and i,am still a grump,. I wonder if I can find that photo?:cowboy:

Thanks also Bill for your comments.
    Yes, Tom Mix, had the flashy gear.
    I went on stage and met Roy Rogers, Dale Evans
    and even sat on Trigger in that outfit.
    Roy asked which cowboy I was,
    I told him I was a cattle man!!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Kids all over the world want to be cowboys. :)

Jackie Chan, as a little boy, and wannabe cowboy, in Hong Kong. He finally got his wish, in Shanghai Noon. ;)

• I don't have any pictures of me in cowboy regalia, but on the playgrounds growing up there was an epic battle going on between Cowboys, Ninja Turtles, Batman, Wolverine and of course The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Eventually we would realize that all of us were the good guys, and after that evil cowered before our combined might.

• (xmastree)
    My quarter horse is named Dollar and at 58 years old the kid never quite goes away. And after searching for some time I just bought the John Wayne scabbard to go with my commemorative Winchesters.

• (xmastree)
    My quarter horse is named Dollar and at 58 years old the kid never quite goes away. And after searching for some time I just bought the John Wayne scabbard to go with my commemorative Winchesters.

Hi leesheridan

WELCOME to The JWMB-
    The Original John Wayne Message Board
    where fans come to have fun!

Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

You may find these links useful:-

John Wayne:- A Newbies Guide to Duke

Link to Duke's Movies, Co-Stars- Pals Of The Saddle and Movie Locations

I agree, great post and thanks for joining us.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• While I have no pictures of me as a youngster dressed in full western gear, I did manage to get it done as a young man. This was done in the late 80's. Mean lookin' hombre, eh? lol

• I don't have any pic's scanned that I can post right now... but as a youngster... the tap dance troop I was in did a show dressed as Indians... got our pic in the local paper... and when I was in AF basic training a couple of my buddies and I did an old time western photo...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Thanks. Keith. The hand was after the Jack Daniels. The something else came after a few shots. lol. The woman I'm facing was my wife at the tme and the other was a dear friend. I enjoyed having that picture taken.

• Thanks. Keith. The hand was after the Jack Daniels. The something else came after a few shots. lol. The woman I'm facing was my wife at the tme and the other was a dear friend. I enjoyed having that picture taken.

Mark, I bet you enjoyed it, wish I could have joined you,
    If your friend still around, tell her, I'm here, and I'm free!! lol

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• While going through old photographs with my mother, we came across one of my father taken in the mid 1940's. And guess what? My father's name was Marion. But my father chose another profession when he grew up. I guess there wasn't enough room for two cowboys named Marion. :))):

• While going through old photographs with my mother, we came across one of my father taken in the mid 1940's. And guess what? My father's name was Marion. But my father chose another profession when he grew up. I guess there wasn't enough room for two cowboys named Marion. :))):

Great photo Mark, another true cowpoke, though,
    but what a coincidence!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• While I have no pictures of me as a youngster dressed in full western gear, I did manage to get it done as a young man. This was done in the late 80's. Mean lookin' hombre, eh? lol

Hey, Mark, you're one mean-lookin' dude! Should I make a caption for this picture?

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"