Fan Geography

There are 111 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 36,070 times. The latest Post () was by Tbone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Senta -
    I have never been there, but I understand St. Petersburg is a beautiful city. It was once a major center of musical activity during the Russian romantic period and still is as far as I know.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Aug 16 2005, 12:19 AM
    Hi Senta -
    I have never been there, but I understand St. Petersburg is a beautiful city. It was once a major center of musical activity during the Russian romantic period and still is as far as I know.
    Cheers - Jay :D

[snapback]20378[/snapback]

In Russia it is still the center of music, mostly simphonic, opera and ballet.
    Regards,
    Senta

• I'd give almost anything to be able to afford to visit St. Petersburg's Hermitage. I've seen many articles about it and it must be a fascinating museum.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Originally posted by Stumpy@Aug 16 2005, 12:39 AM
    I'd give almost anything to be able to afford to visit St. Petersburg's Hermitage. I've seen many articles about it and it must be a fascinating museum.

[snapback]20382[/snapback]

Hi Stampy,
    Yes it is great, but I think Louvre in Paris is better, if compare great masterpieces. In the Hermitage the whole palace is very impessive.

• Tell you what fellas,
    Now that we all know senta,
    it looks like she might put us all up
    at her place,so that we can all visit St.Petertsburg!!
    Only joking senta,but it does sound
    a wonderful city!!

Best Wishes,
    ee

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi

We spent some time in the Louvre it is very impressive, we also went to versailles but that was ill maintained and the famous Hall of Mirrors where thwe treaty was signed, looked dirty.

I would love to travel to Eastern Europe some day taking in Russia and Hungary.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I live in the very small country of Belgium,10 minutes away from Holland,a 2 hours drive from France or Germany.And England is-if I use the shuttle-under 3 hours away.Being a small country we do manage to have 3 languages.Can anyone guess what my native language is??? :agent:

Originally posted by Moonshine_Sally@Oct 16 2005, 10:15 PM
    Being a small country we do manage to have 3 languages.Can anyone guess what my native language is??? :agent:

[snapback]22152[/snapback]

I knew one woman born in Belgium, her native language was french. But we spoke on english.

Originally posted by Moonshine_Sally@Oct 16 2005, 02:15 PM
    I live in the very small country of Belgium,10 minutes away from Holland,a 2 hours drive from France or Germany.And England is-if I use the shuttle-under 3 hours away.Being a small country we do manage to have 3 languages.Can anyone guess what my native language is??? :agent:

[snapback]22152[/snapback]

I'll hazard a guess and say your native language is English. The reason I say that is because you use English like a native. However, there's another one of our members from mainland Europe who is also very fluent in English and I know for a fact that English is not their native language.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• During the school year, I'm in Bloomington, Indiana at Indiana University. Go Hoosiers! During the summer, I'm back in Chicago, my hometown. Go White Sox! So for the whole year, I guess I'm in the Midwest.

• Hi Keith and Arthur!
    Sorry for the late reply but you where both right with guessing my language :D It's dutch but as I am from Flanders it's also known as flemish ofcourse.If anyone would be interested the other 2 languages in my country are frensh and german.Most people do speak flemish so I always go a bit grrrr when people say that Belgium is mainly frensh.
    Liliane

• Hi Liliane.
    I am glad that Arthur and I got it right,
    Great Minds think alike!!!
    One of the reasons people in the UK think
    maybe French is spoken,because of the TV series, of Agatha Christies,Poirot.
    However, Arthur and I were not fooled!!
    Please join us on the Real Seniors thread, where
    the chat is less formal, and we need some new blood there,
    as smokey is giving me some stick.

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I live 6 miles west of Manchester city centre in Eccles, England

I come from Davyhulme, which is 3 miles up the road

Windage & Elevation Miss. Langdon Windage & Elevation

• I am from the wind blown eastern plains of Colorado, a very small town named Byers, that was founded in 1866 by an old trapper / buffalo hunter / indian fighter by the name of Maj. Oliver Perry Wiggins.
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Originally posted by Colorado Bob@Dec 17 2005, 06:35 PM
    I am from the wind blown eastern plains of Colorado, a very small town named Byers, that was founded in 1866 by an old trapper / buffalo hunter / indian fighter by the name of Maj. Oliver Perry Wiggins.
    Colorado Bob

[snapback]23997[/snapback]

Bob,

Have you always lived in Byers? We have some very good friends who live in Castle Rock Colorado, is that very far from you?

Chester :newyear:

Originally posted by Colorado Bob@Dec 17 2005, 08:35 PM
    I am from the wind blown eastern plains of Colorado, a very small town named Byers, that was founded in 1866 by an old trapper / buffalo hunter / indian fighter by the name of Maj. Oliver Perry Wiggins.
    Colorado Bob

[snapback]23997[/snapback]

Greetings from another Coloradan, this one west of you in the somewhat, well maybe one of these days, bustling town of Erie, midway between Denver and Fort Collins.

Roger.