RIP: Members, Loved Ones, Relatives and Friends

There are 140 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 160,970 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Karl,
    Very sorry for your loss of a prized friend and the death of one whose family history portrayed their service to our country. Know that he now is free of pain and has joined his fallen comrades. Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Karl, when was he in Korea?

Hi Jim, he served several tours there as well as in Germany. I think his first tour was in 1969? then he was there few yew years spread out through the 70s and was there again for about 2 years in the early to mid 80s. I dont have exact years but am hoping to get that info from his Sister Barbara--when all is said and done. Im alos hoping she will give me info on their Dad adn Uncle too--because i think all three need to be remembered and I want to make a thread about them on a site im a Moderator on.

I also know that he had been officially recognized somehow when he discovered a secret infiltration tunnel that the north koreans dug under the border and ended up in some American facility. Most people are not aware that we ARE still killing north korean soldiers and Sarge Bill-stopped his fair share.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Karl,
    Very sorry for your loss of a prized friend and the death of one whose family history portrayed their service to our country. Know that he now is free of pain and has joined his fallen comrades. Keith

Thank you Keith adn thank you for the nice words and flag too. Im going to do my bit to see to it he and his Dad and Uncle are remembered. Im hoping to also sometime--get photos of them and be able to share them.

• Thank you Keith adn thank you for the nice words and flag too. Im going to do my bit to see to it he and his Dad and Uncle are remembered. Im hoping to also sometime--get photos of them and be able to share them.

Carl, RIP in your buddy.
    I have moved your friend's passing to
    to this our more appropriate thread

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thank you Keith adn thank you for the nice words and flag too. Im going to do my bit to see to it he and his Dad and Uncle are remembered. Im hoping to also sometime--get photos of them and be able to share them.

When you get it all together, let me know. I will post it on my FB page.
    Keith

• I'm sorry to hear of your loss Ringo, i'm not American but anyone who fights for someones freedom deserves respect

Hi TID, and thank you. I feel the same way. I remember hearing of some big controversy going on in Ireland about WWII Irish vets getting shafted by the Govt because some 5,000 or so of them went and joined the British Army and fought with them against Germany. But I also fully agree. Anyone who serves has my respect and needs to be remembered.

• Sorry for the late notice, but my great-aunt Luretha Melton (Peg) Comer (née Barger) died on the 31st.

She turned 98 on the 25th of October. She lived the last 4 or 5 years in a nursing home, succumbing to dementia and just plain old age.

She wanted only a burial service, and we're going to honor her wishes tomorrow at the old family cemetery out in the rural area near her home in Petros (Morgan County, TN).

She was my grandmother's (dad's mom) sister, and the last of the children to pass.

She was a feisty, cantankerous, HIGHLY opinionated woman whom we all loved, yet were also frequently frustrated with!!

I'm so happy her suffering is over, but she's yet another of the rapidly disappearing links to my dad (he passed in 2002).

• My sympathies to you and your family, The Tennesseean. Dementia is a horrible affliction and painful to watch a loved one go through. Take solace in that she is finally free of the trap her mind was in the last few years. May she rest in peace.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Well Russ, the bad part is over now. And you have all the good years to remember. Feisty, cantankerous, and highly opinionated......sounds a lot like Ward Bond and lots of folks loved him. Sorry for what yall had to go through. Dad had dementia the last 10 years or so of his life, but it was caused by medication given him by physicians. Once I had it stopped, he didn't get worse until the last few days. Rest easy knowing she is now doing so. KEITH

• my wife's brother died at 2.45am sat morning.he died of cancer.he had for the past year and half and in the end the end the cancer just spead like wildfire.

• Sorry Kiddo, but glad the suffering is over....Nasty thing that cancer. KP

my wife's brother died at 2.45am sat morning.he died of cancer.he had for the past year and half and in the end the end the cancer just spead like wildfire.

• Prayers & thoughts to victims of the CT school shooting yesterday.

Found this on another forum and thought I'd pass it on, great idea..

"It's so easy to say, "My heart/prayers goes out." How about this: Here's the address for Sandy Hook Elementary School: 12 Dickenson Drive, Sandy Hook, CT 06482.

Take five minutes. Sit down with your kid. Write a letter. Draw a picture. Make a card. Send it to them. Tell them you're praying for them. Tell them you're so sorry they're hurting. Tell them you love them. Don't just say you love them on Facebook. LOVE them for real. ... Make your love tangible."

Amen!