Movies that put us to sleep.

There are 44 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 16,893 times. The latest Post () was by Dooley.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Any of The Lord of the Rings films put me to sleep. My wife and daughter love them, but I just can't seem to make it till the end of any of them. I TRIED! Just couldn't do it.

Mark

Amen, dragging a picture out as much as you can and trying to make it as nice as possible does not a good picture make. It's crazy the amount of people they are loved by.

• What's interesting is, thinking of the nostalgia aspect of old films, I started thinking if modern films will stand the test of time?
    In reality, what gives films, books and music their longevity is the quality of the story and storytelling (and melody for the music).
    It's no surprise most films which rate as the greatest of all time are old films.

Most films, and popular music, today are like fast food: gratifying at that instance then instantly forgettable!

I cant agree with you more on that. I detest most modern stuff--especially anything made after 2005-and that's stretching the shortness a bit.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• For me it has to be the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the new Kng King. They are too long, I fell asleep while watching The Lord of the Rings and when I woke up, it was still on.

• For me it has to be the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the new Kng King. They are too long, I fell asleep while watching The Lord of the Rings and when I woke up, it was still on.

Agreed - too long!
    I actually like lord of the rings but most likely as I read the books as a child.
    I thought the new King Kong was a worthy attempt at retelling the story, but there were whole swathes that could have been chopped out without any affect to the narrative. I've been tempted to edit it myself rather than sitting on the fast forward!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"