Movies that put us to sleep.

There are 44 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 16,992 times. The latest Post () was by Dooley.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Chester. So you didn't make it through "Independence Day" and "30 Rock". I thought this thread was dedicated to non westerns that you watched!!!

It's hell to be old, isn't it?

We deal in lead, friend.

• I just haven't been getting through all the newer movies I have been starting lately. Our Good friend, Gorch pointed out I must be getting old, which is true, ( Though, you don't always want to hear such things! :wink_smile: ).
    But, I think there maybe other reasons too. Such as it was a rotten movie.
    So I have decided to start this thread to see if anyone is suffering with this problem.

Chester :newyear:

• Oh boy, this could lead to dissent in the ranks, but I'll start the ball. First one that leaps to mind is "The English Patient". Next is "2001 A Space Odyssey" in which I snoozed without any chemical assistance.
    "The Greatest Story Ever Told" - it wasn't.
    Whatever they call the first "Star Wars" sequel with the kid who couldn't act.
    Malick's "The Thin Red Line".
    Lean's "Passage to India".

There's more, but I feel like taking a nap already.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Dittto to these and too many more like: Pearl Harbor, fried green tomatoes, and I can think of more but would tick alot of people off on my choices :lol::lol::lol:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Dances with Wolves Sorry, but I can't stay awake to this movie. It seems great, but I just can't get through this. It is long, and it drags so much. I don't remember if I ever saw the ending or not.

I think I wait until it is late at night, and I'm just tired to stay awake. I'd like to stay awake and promised myself to do it, but not possible.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• My wife watches movies on the Lifetime channel. Oh my God! I'd rather cut my throat with a razor so the ambulance can get me out of the room!

• believe it or not i nod of watching the news or any tv lately but i put it down to the hours that i work now the early mornings are easy in summer because the sun is up winter it is still dark till about 1 hour after i have started to work yuck lol

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• El Cid!

I know, it's a classic, it's got Carlton Heston in it, who I love, ad it won tons of awards but I've never made it all the way through!
    I always miss the last third and wake up 5 mins before the end!
    At least I'm consistent:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• My wife watches movies on the Lifetime channel. Oh my God! I'd rather cut my throat with a razor so the ambulance can get me out of the room!

That's probably the single funniest sentence I've seen on here!
    Never seen or heard of that channel and hope I never stumble upon it!

• Dances with Wolves Sorry, but I can't stay awake to this movie. It seems great, but I just can't get through this. It is long, and it drags so much. I don't remember if I ever saw the ending or not.

I think I wait until it is late at night, and I'm just tired to stay awake. I'd like to stay awake and promised myself to do it, but not possible.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

Ditto this one too. Also, did you know there was a direct-to-DvD-sequal made? Yup. It's called: Dances with Weasels. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• El Cid!

I know, it's a classic, it's got Carlton Heston in it, who I love, ad it won tons of awards but I've never made it all the way through!
    I always miss the last third and wake up 5 mins before the end!
    At least I'm consistent:wink_smile:

The secret to not missing it is to order a large Pizza and wait till the last 3rd of the movie before consuming it. :lol:

• That's probably the single funniest sentence I've seen on here!
    Never seen or heard of that channel and hope I never stumble upon it!

No offense to the Ladies but--the Lifetime channel is full of their kind of stuff--meaning soap opera like movies. Sometimes they do have somehting guys will like-but not often.

• El Cid is a little on the long side, But its got SOPHIA in it! MOMMA MIA!!

Agreed but I still haven't managed it in 20 years of trying, watching the film that is:wink_smile:

Think I should sit down and start watching it from half way through.